The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Monday, December 1, 2008

Good News, Bad News

After three weeks of horrible headaches, neck pain and ear aches I finally went to my primary care physician today. There's really no excuse that I waited this long except that I try to only go to the doctor when it's absolutely necessary...like when my asthma is going crazy and I can't breathe. Well, that and I hate to pay that $20 co-pay.
I was thrilled to get the good news that I'd only gained two pounds since I was there in August. We have never owned a set of scales (because I would be obsessed with what I weigh) so I really wasn't sure of what my pre-pregnancy weight was when I went for my OB work-up three weeks ago. According to the OB's scales and my guesstimated weight, I'd gained 8 pounds. I was not happy. I was pretty sure this was off by at least 5 pounds, but wasn't completely sure. Im really excited for my next appointment with my midwife so that I can share my true weight gain. I DO NOT want to gain the 40+ pounds that I gained when I was pregnant with The Muffin. I was mortified when I found out that I'd gained 40 pounds! Luckily, I didn't find out until this past May when I ordered my labor and delivery records.
And now the bad news that I was glad to hear: I have a horrible ear infection. I had decided that it was something serious that would take a long time and many tests to diagnose and then surgery to fix it. Just because that's how I am. Luckily, it's minor and I should be all better real soon.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

ear infections are the pits! but I always say, better me than my kids. Its a hard thing to watch, them in pain. Luckily, I think that out of the 3 kids, only my son has had them, and maybe twice at that! Hope you are feeling better...
Yes, I am following just four people because if it was more, I would never leave my computer! I think I am following your aunt? Blogging from the South...Lisa? We ended up finding out through food, that we are both seventh-day adventists. :) Like she said, what a small world! I also follow Joy, the girl that makes the jewelry. I love my vp mommy necklace, and want to get another one she made, I will carry you, stamped into a heart. A nice one for lost babies.
I like following you, because whenever I read about Muffin, I smile at the thought that she is a vp survivor as well. I feel a little connection there! I think on Caleb's birthday, I am going to post his complete vp story, the one I wrote and is on the IVPF stories page. I could write and share about it all the time, but try not to sound too obsessive! Thanks for following me too! I have 3...yay!

Related Posts with Thumbnails