The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Still Getting Ready For Baby

I had a somewhat successful day yesterday. The Muffin and I started out by going to get groceries. We were almost finished when she said she needed to use the bathroom. By the time we got to the bathrooms, she didn't have to go. We arrived back at home a little after 11:00 and decided to put groceries away and then have a picnic in the backyard. She was thrilled!
It started getting windy and then it started sprinkling. We skipped our after lunch walk and went inside. Then The Muffin started going to the bathroom every few minutes. She had to get up and go a couple of times before she fell asleep for her nap and then a couple of times during her nap and then a bunch after her nap. Let's just say this mommy is happy that her two and a half year old has been potty-trained for a long time and that she was able to make it to the bathroom.


Between all of the pottying I managed to edit the B.abies R Us registry and start a T.arget registry (which I'm not sure I'll even use). We decided the best way to keep track of our "needs" was to do a registry and that way if anyone wanted to give us gifts they could have a resource too. I'm hoping to use cloth diapers after the first couple of months, so I still have to decide on the exact kind I'll be using. I'm pretty sure that I love the kind that I used with Muff, but we'll see. I did all of this during naptime so I missed my nap. I'm trying to wean myself off of an after-lunch nap so that I'll be more productive and get a few extra things accomplished. When I miss my nap I tend to fall asleep later in the day and I've been known to leave The Muffin somewhat unattended. I can usually hear her, but I'm asleep. Last night I had a 30 minute nap and therefore The Muffin went to bed about 15 minutes later than normal. Big Daddy claims that he tried to wake me, but I have my doubts. After my siesta I managed to stay up until 11:00 so that we could watch "My Own Worst Enemy". I slept like a rock last night, but I may try to catch a few zzz's today with The Muffin. I've discovered that I really love naps!

1 comment:

Joy said...

Sleep sounds so good right now! Then again, it's 9:30 at night. LOL!

Related Posts with Thumbnails