The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Manger

Big Daddy, The Muffin and I went to the Christmas Eve service at our church tonight. It was supposed to be simple service of "lessons and carols" and it was. It was beautiful, The Muffin behaved and once again, I threatened to go back into the Communion line to get seconds on bread, because it's THAT good! When we left, Big daddy said, "I love our church", just as he does each time we leave.
One of my favorite moments was when the pastor said that the word manger meant a box or trough in a stable or barn which holds the bread of life. That pretty much summed up why we were all there.
And I'd like to also add that just like every other pregnant lady that has a blog, I've been thinking even more about Mary than I normally would at Christmas.


Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails