The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Monday, December 22, 2008

Nativity Scenes and stuff...



The Muffin may finally have a happy tummy! Poor thing has had an upset stomach since last Monday, but I think it finally ended yesterday. Now it's moved on to Big Daddy. He was quite the trooper and managed to make it to Sunday school in spite of his stomach bothering him. I woke up with a horrible headache and sore throat and The Muffin had been in the bathroom all evening on Saturday. She was still complaining and went to the bathroom a few times yesterday morning. I have a fear of spreading illness to other children, so she stayed at home...reluctantly. She really loves church and was upset that her Daddy would go without her. I'm sure he would have stayed home, too, but we had a large bag of gifts that had to be taken to our Sunday school class for delivery on Christmas Eve. They are for a needy infant and we had lots of fun buying for a baby boy.




Now for the Nativity Scene portion of the post.
This is our Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus last year. The Muffin had put them down for their nap.


Muff is all into any Nativity Scene that she sees. We have a small nativity (minus the wisemen because they lost heir heads in a horrible game of "Bumpy" last year) that sits in the living room. It's just one of those cheap little crystal ones that you can buy anywhere. Yesterday, Muff decided that she needed to examine it a little closer and picked up Mary. She commented on how long her hair was and that it was "messed up". When she picked up Baby Jesus, she said, "He's ball-headed. He don't got no hair". I reminded her that lots of babies are bald when they're born and asked her to put Him back. She looked at the teeny-tiny figure and said, "He's really ugly, but He'll grow up". I think she meant that it didn't matter what He looked like, but He would still grow up to be the Saviour of the World...but I'm not sure.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That girl! She is a hoot! I hope I get to see you all at Christmas. I want to see your tummy!

Joy said...

I'm literally laughing aloud! Oh my!!! That is hilarious... but there is truth to her statement. People don't believe Jesus was a handsome fellow!

Related Posts with Thumbnails