The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Saturday, May 2, 2009

And THIS is what I'm doing

It's Saturday and The Muffin slept "late". What??? That never happens on a Saturday. She likes to sleep late on Sunday when we're trying to get out the door before 8:45 to make it to the early service at church. And I slept "late" too. Of course, there was a reason. We had a showing scheduled for our house at 9:00, so Muff and I needed to be out the door a little before then. (Pray that these people buy our house)
I slept fairly good and of course because I'm OCD the house was ready to show when we rolled out of bed. We gobbled down some cereal and went to The Depot for the city's Farmer's Market. I bought some beautiful asparagus and the sweetest strawberries I've ever had in my life. After that, we went to the grocery store (again) to get food for our weekend with Big Daddy. He should be home within the hour from his first Saturday having to work in over two years. I thought I'd try to cook dinner for him tonight.
I'm trying to get up the energy to go outside and plant the Mandevilla that The Muffin and I bought yesterday, but it's not happening. Big Daddy offered to do it when he gets home. How will he do that, mow the yard, wash my car (still need to ask him to do this) and enjoy a little reunion with The Muffin??? One more reason our current arrangement is causing trouble. (Pray, pray, pray)
The Muffin and I went for a nice,slow, l o n g and leisurely walk with her little duck on wheels after lunch. The duck had a hard time staying on the edge of the street and The Muffin insisted that "he wasn't a good listener and just wanted to walk straight to the stop sign". Bad duck. Bad. Duck.
Our walk totally zapped my energy and left me with horrible pelvic pain (TMI??), but I just had a small glass of P.epsi ONE and I'm determined to get planting before Big Daddy gets home. I'm afraid that I start getting that totally-pregnant-and-miserable look all too easy these days. It doesn't make me feel any better when I'm about to urinate on myself and trying to keep from using another public restroom on a short outing and then a stranger says "how much longer?" or "when are you due?". And if they have that concerned or amazed tone in their voice when I answer, it's all I can do not to cry or scream or have a temper tantrum.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Hope you get an offer! Though most people think us clean freaks are nuts, it is such a good thing when surprises arise (oversleeping & having a showing). There is nothing to do but leave the house. Enjoy your weekend with Big Daddy, The Muffin and your Ellie Belly!

Joy@WDDCH said...

Having Muffin help Daddy wash the car and plant the flowers/plants is GREAT bonding time! My girlies love to help wash the car, if only they end up making a huge mess of themselves. ;-) Have a lovely weekend with Big Daddy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails