The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Friday, May 15, 2009

The Waiting Game

I feel like I'm just sitting and waiting on Baby Ellie to arrive even though I'm three weeks and 2 days away from my due date. I was never this paranoid when I was expecting The Muffin, so I think I'm just excited and nervous and looking forward to Big Daddy being around for two whole weeks. I remind everyone at my doctor's office that I experienced NO labor when The Muffin was induced and that I have no idea what I'm doing. I had several severe contractions after I was being prepped for the c-section and my midwife, Peg's hand was up my you-know-what. Other than that, nothing. People seem to think that because it's your second child, you'll know when the time comes. I'm sure if labor really starts, I'll know. I'm also Group B Strep + again, so I'm a little paranoid about getting all of my antibiotics in before the birth.
With the recent developments in our family's saga (more on that sometime later) I think Baby Ellie should continue to bake. My Grandma always said that "they are easier to take care of in than they are out". There are times when I doubt this statement, but there are no dirty diapers, feedings or crying babies to deal with right now. I want Ellie to arrive safely and I know that she'll come when God wants her to. I am hoping that it doesn't happen at an inconvenient time, though.
I feel like I'm having pains and twinges that I've never felt before. I keep thinking that it will be soon and that she'll come early, but it's not exactly wishful thinking. I've felt better over the last few days in spite of the new pressure and back pain and I'd go on like this indefinitely as long as I get my baby in the end. The hardest part of feeling bad really is trying to take care of Muff. She keeps telling me that she wants me to feel better. She asks if Baby Ellie is hurting my belly and she continues to take care of me, when I should be taking care of her. She's such a sweet child...but with a bad temper.


4 comments:

Tara said...

Do you have an exercise ball? Draping myself over it was the only thing that helped my aching back. Just drape yourself over and let your belly drop. The pain won't go away but maybe you'll feel somewhat better. Maybe you could try a warm bath though that didn't really help me and I sat with a heating pad behind me for weeks leading up to A's birth. You know the only thing that will really help it so keep hanging in there. You know how worth it will all be! Praying for you all!

Christina said...

The Waiting Game is no fun. I played it when I was expecting Alan. For 4 weeks I was dilated to a 4 and at every visit the doctor told me "you will definitely have the baby by tonight". Try to relax. I know it's hard, but a relaxed mommy makes for a happier baby!

Praying for you
Huggs!!

Q, La, and Gooner said...

God's got the where when and how all under control.

Joy@WDDCH said...

I know that with my 2nd daughter it was definitely different. So praying you do go into labor on your own after Ellie bakes a little longer! I CANNOT wait!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails