The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Monday, May 18, 2009

Baby Belly-Week 37

Does it get any cheesier than this??? As you can tell, I'm without my handy dandy photo editing software and I had to post the picture as-is. I'm sure there's great editing software on Big Daddy's laptop, but I'm short on patience and time.
Well, it's week 37 and Baby Ellie is officially full term! She's directly on my bladder, I promise. She still kicks like crazy and does crazy tricks in there. My back pain is pretty much absent, but I have very strong Braxton Hicks contractions several times a day. This weeks doctor's appointment will be on Thursday, so we'll see how things are progressing..

The Muffin and I have a big day today. We have Kindermusik this morning and her three year check-up is this afternoon. All of our in-between time will be busy with running errands and packing. We have accepted an offer on our house, so we are going to try and be settled into an apartment in...two weeks. Two. Weeks. With. A. Baby. On. The. Way. I'm officially hoping that Baby Ellie bakes in the oven until her due date. After lots of consideration and discussion, we decided to bust our butts and try to be settled in an apartment an hour away when I go into labor just so that Baby Ellie can come "home" to some sort of order. We are heartbroken that she will not be able to live (outside of my belly) in our house and sleep in the room that I've prepared for her. She will definitely be stopping by to visit our house as soon as she's discharged from the hospital, though. We have neighbors that she needs to meet.
Please, please, please pray that everything goes okay with the whole selling process. As a former real estate broker, I've sat at the closing table too many times trying to make a deal work to think that we're in the clear. Also pray that our marriage survives!! All of this stress is really hard on us!
On a brighter note, The Muffin will be attending preschool in the fall at the same church that both Bubba & Callie went to. We're going by there this week to look around and register her for her class!
Then, on a sad note, Big Daddy and I will have to find a new church for our little family. This has been one of the hardest parts of planning the move. I wanted our little Ellie to be able to stay in the nursery with the nice ladies at our present church and hoped that she would fall in love with them just the way that Muff has fallen in love with Ms. Bell. Of course, Big Daddy and I do NOT want to leave this church for our own selfish reasons too. Big Daddy realy wants to drive the hour each Sunday, but leaving at 7:45 so that we could be at church in time for the early service with a three year old and a newborn doesn't sound like fun to me.

Pray, pray, pray.


5 comments:

Lisa said...

Praying very hard for you. You look great! When I had my son (15 years ago!) we moved from Mass to Maine when he was 13 days old. So I get it. Take it one day at a time! good luck. :)

Tara said...

Congrats on the offer and I hope everything falls into place.

Lisa said...

Wow, the belly has changed even more. You still look great tho. No weight gain anywhere but the right place. I'm getting excited. I have my camera batteries all charged up and the directions to the hospital in my purse. I wish there was something I could do to make this transition easier for you. I am so glad you are moving back here though. I feel like Maggie doesn't really know us. We will have to change that. Holla at me if you need anything at all. I'm just a phone call away.

Joy@WDDCH said...

Woo hoo on an offer on the house!!!

Christina said...

We will be prayimg for you. I know you are anxious and excited all at the same time. Hope everything works out perfectly.

Related Posts with Thumbnails