The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Week 38 & Packing Up Our Lives

It's week 38! Our Baby Ellie is officially fully-baked and could come at anytime...although I'm hoping she'll stay toasty in the oven for at least one more week! I actually have a picture of me, The Muffin and my Ellie-Belly, but I'm too lazy to go downstairs and retrieve it from the camera.
***Updated to add that for some reason, I can't get he pictures out of the camera***

We had such a busy weekend! My mom, sister and Callie came on Saturday and helped us pack up our lives. They took a load of stuff that will be stored at my parents' house as well as The Muffin's play house. All of my fall/winter clothes are now packed and I'm hoping that we will be in a new house before I need them. My mom and sister now realize just how much stuff you have to pack when you're moving everything! After they left, we napped and then went to a birthday party. It was a very long day.

Sunday was supposed to be our last regular Sunday at church. We were going to let everyone know of the recent developments in our lives. Instead, we were surprised about 3:30 Sunday morning when The Muffin woke up with a fever and then started throwing up. I think she's sick of all of this moving stuff. Her sickness lasted until bedtime. Big Daddy and I took turns sitting with her and I did three loads of laundry. One of our Sunday school classmates called to see if we'd had Baby Ellie. When I told her all about what was going on she offered to keep The Muffin, help us pack our bring us food. We once again realized why we love our church and are so heartbroken that we'll be church-shopping soon.

Yesterday, we were up early to do more packing. Big Daddy and his brother moved everything in our storage building to our storage unit. The Muffin and I went to our last Kindermusik class and then met Big Daddy at Nana & Pawpaw's. Big Daddy and I took my SUV to unload it and then drove around to look at houses and met with the builder that we've been talking to. He's supposed to get back with us on some home sites and house plans this week. Pray he comes up with something great! We used my mom as babysitter again while we were gone. The Muffin loves staying with Nana and is going to really enjoy being close to her extended family.

The Muffin and I are hanging out around the house today. I may take her to visit the greenhouse one last time. I've got a few things to do, but I was able to accomplish a lot last night and I want to try and give her a little extra attention. We'll be taking a load of baby necessities to the apartment tomorrow. I'll be signing the lease and sanitizing it so that everything will be move in-ready on Saturday. The home inspection and pest inspection on our house will also be tomorrow. As a former real estate broker, I'm hoping that these two things go well too.

On Saturday, my mom & dad, sister & brother-in-law, their trucks, a U-Haul, Bubba, Callie and The Muff along with me and Big Daddy will be doing our big move. Please pray that everything goes well and that we're able to get everything moved at one time. After that, I'll be doing my final clean of our first house. (sniff, sniff) I hope and pray that everything will be finished by the first of the week so that we can focus only on The Muffin and Baby Ellie's arrival.

Just in case you are keeping track, we'll have stuff in storage at my mom and dad's and a storage unit, as well as in storage at the apartment. That explains just one of the reasons we didn't just hire a professional mover. We'll be living with only the bare minimum of our belongings since we'll hopefully be moving into a new home soon.

1 comment:

Q, La, and Gooner said...

I am so sorry! You are so busy and so stressed. I wish I could help...

Related Posts with Thumbnails