- No matter how hard I try I can't do it all. When I try to do so many things, I get overwhelmed, frustrated and I don't do any of my tasks well. Everything else needs to take a back burner to my girls.
- I was excited about having a weekend break at the beach. I was excited about no cooking, laundry or housework and being able to spend lazy time with my two girls. I learned that a weekend away equals four loads of laundry when we get back. I also learned that the hardwood floors get extremely dirty when we're away. ??? I had a little break away from "work" while I was gone, but I've since made up for my two days of "rest".
- I met two mommies that were wearing slings in a baby store at the beach. I learned that they get lots of strange looks while wearing their babies too. I felt like the odd mom out during the conversation because Baby Ellie was actually in the stroller.
- I learned that I can take care of Baby Ellie while Big Daddy takes care of The Muffin and get a little rest and relaxation in.
- I'm smarter than I think I am. I've posted lots of babywearing pictures and things about how great it was to wear Baby Ellie at the beach and it happens to be International Babywearing Week!
- It's not so easy to teach a three year old about spreading germs, covering coughs and sneezes and good handwashing techniques when said three year old wakes up with coughs and sneezes. She just doesn't get cross contamination yet.
- My baby is growing too fast. Baby Ellie seems to be teething. That is the only explanation that makes sense for all of her little symptoms. I'm not ready for this.
- Even though I've already started our Christmas card list, I'll still be thinking of people to send cards to the day before the holiday. I'm cheating and sending e-cards to some people to save time and money.
- I have to figure out a way to take care of Ellie, get groceries, clean the floors and fix lunch before I pick up The Muffin up at preschool. I'm tired of running around like a crazy person trying to do so many things in the three hours that she's away.
9 hours ago