The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Another Ordinary Day


I've been feeling a little bit like life is passing us by lately, so I'm going to try and take more pictures of the little things that we do during our days. Sort of a snapshot of our everyday life. I'd like for Maggie and Ellie to look back at our "scrapbook" and see a bit of all of the things that we did with them.

Tuesday- Here's The Muffin and Ellie doing what they do while I cook dinner. I had to go to get a four wheel alignment (or something) done on my SUV so my mom kept the girls for a little over an hour. I also made a quick stop by the library for new books, too. I grabbed five books really quick and they were all big hits with The Muffin! She made up stories to go with the pictures until I could read all five books to her while dinner was taking care of itself. I'll share a little about our books later on.

One of my favorite things about the kitchen is the way that the sun shines in the windows in the evening. At our old house, we watched the sunrise while eating breakfast, so this is a neat change.


Baby Ellie is always so happy to see her daddy when he gets home! She wiggles and waits for him to pick her up. Big Daddy has a bad cold this week, so he was already in his pajamas, but managed to remember to wear his cell phone.

This picture really shows the personalities of our two girls! The Muffin is so silly and can do her "cross eyed face" with absolutely no effort. Ellie is all smiles 90% of the time. She managed to get green beans all over her pants so I put on a pair of Babylegs (courtesy of Aunt Lisa) and of course, her sister needed some too. I'm not sure how Muff can run around without pants on all the time, but she does it and she very rarely ever complains of being cold. One of her new favorite looks is socks, p.anties and a shirt, with Babylegs thrown in there once in a while.

Wednesday- It looks like Dorothy is back! I can't say that I've missed her. We came in from preschool and The Muffin wanted to wear her Dorothy dress. I decided to get her clothes changed so that we could move on to lunch without any major tantrums. Of course, she needed pigtails too. About 25 minutes later, we were finally ready to eat.

I managed to accomplish lots while The Muffin was at preschool. I folded laundry (from the day before), played in the floor with Ellie, fed Ellie, put Ellie down for a nap, did the Shred, put laundry away and then gathered the stuff to do another load of laundry after lunch. A snapshot of my everyday life would always include laundry! Up next, I'm going to have a hot cup of Earl Grey tea, wash a load of diapers and clean the counter tops in the kitchen. I've learned that if I don't dry the granite after I wipe it the water spots drive me crazy, so this takes twice as long as it used to, but still not long at all.

1 comment:

Tara said...

I love how the sun shines in too. Before I even read that part, I was going to comment on it. Your naptimes sound about like mine. Busy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails