The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Saturday, January 9, 2010

So Exciting!!

First of all, Patrice Karst left a comment on my previous post about our library books! How exciting is that!? She is the author of The Invisible String. This just may be my new favorite book for older preschoolers! (Maggie has enjoyed it so much that I will probably purchase it in the near future.) I cannot wait to read Patrice's latest book The Smile That went Around The World.

Now for a little more excitement...Big Daddy and I are going on a date later today! My mom offered to keep Maggie & Ellie last week (as if she doesn't help us enough) so that we could have a little date, but we took them with us for a little lunch out. We really don't go out very much as a family, so it's hard to leave them behind. Other than our very rushed Christmas shopping date, this will be the first time we've been without both of them for a meal...except for the burgers that we had after we closed on our new house.

We decided to go for a late lunch so that Maggie & Big Daddy could go to the gym and so that we'll be home in plenty of time for bath and bedtime. We had picked out a restaurant and then five minutes later we were both leaning towards Panera! It's really cold outside, so soup sounds delightful!

And in other news, Maggie has planned her birthday party a few months in advance! She wants a "balloon cake", hot dogs, chips, ice cream and a party with Cousin Callie and just family. I went through all the possibilities of other cousins and friends, but right now it will just be my parents, my sister and her family and my two aunts. Maggie has become so shy so I really want to honor her wishes even though I want to invite my mommy friends and their kids. (And just so you know, we don't label her as shy in front of her, or at least I don't. I also don't encourage or force her to talk or hug people if she doesn't want to.)

Happy Weekend!

3 comments:

Tara said...

How fun! Glad she found your mini review. I'm going to stash her name in my brain and check out her books!

Lisa said...

yay for you! did you have fun? love the party ideas maggie has come up with! she is a joy to "read" growing up!

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Um awesome that the author that you POSTED ABOUT read your blog and took the time to comment... sooooooo cool! Go you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails