The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Growing Too Fast

My girls are growing too fast!!
I put Baby Ellie in her bed for a few minutes so that I could clean up one of her messes and came back to find her STANDING. I knew it would happen soon enough, but I'm just not ready for my baby to do these things! I pulled out the playpen this weekend so that I can keep her confined when I need to and she loves it! She crawls around mostly in small circles, so it's pretty easy to keep track of her for now.

She's been spending a lot of time in here!

Ellie seems to really love drawers!

The Muffin is officially moving out of the toddler area in stores now. She picked out a dress this weekend from the "big girls' section". Of course, almost the same clothes sell for a few dollars more, which sucks. It's also hard to find matching/coordinating outfits for both girls now.

The Muffin in her "heart dress".

They absolutely adore each other!

We missed church on Sunday because of Big Daddy's illness and a very grumpy Baby Ellie. I didn't want to leave her in the nursery because she was so fussy. Big Daddy felt really bad, so I didn't want to leave her with him either. I'm sure that she is a) about to get more teeth or b) has an ear infection or c) both. I called yesterday to schedule her 8 month appointment for next week and they scheduled it for tomorrow. After being up with a crying Ellie every 2 hours last night, I'm SO ready for this doctor's visit. I hope that her ears are clear, but an infection would explain her fussiness. She is also throwing up all through the house. It's fun times around here!

2 comments:

Q, La, and Gooner said...

I totally understand about church. sometimes it just ain't happening! I wonder why Ellie keeps having all these infections!!!?

Tara said...

Sorry you are having a rough time. I know you must be so exhausted. It's hard to believe she is crawling and standing! How is Big Daddy feeling? Better I hope! Maggie always looks happy though I bet you would say otherwise.

Related Posts with Thumbnails