The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas At Our House

We love our really tall front door, but it was extremely hard to put garland up without a ladder or a helper. I used a kitchen chair with a princess stool in it-very dangerous, but it worked! If something happens and the garland falls, I'm not putting it back up!

Big Daddy bought me a new wreath for the front door. It just happens to be like my Aunt Lisa's, but with a different bow. I sort of love it and may have went outside a few times in the cold just to look at it. I'm going to change the bow after Christmas and maybe add a red bird and nest to make it a little more winter-y. This is the first pre-made wreath I've ever had.
The ribbon wreath in the foyer makes me smile. It's so sweet and cute and I can't wait to make more.

I put our glass nativity (minus the Wise Men that lost their heads in 2007, courtesy of toddler Maggie) and our crystal cross bell on the table. The table looks sweet and cozy at night with the snow covered tree lit up.

And here's the tree and the mantle. I love our mantle even without decorations. I filled the apothecary-ish jars; one with red glass ornaments and the other with scented pine cones and fake snow. There's also a Little People Nativity Scene and a singing snowman that sounds like Harry Connick, Jr. that hang out around the fireplace.

Here's a close-up of the mantle( before the pine cones and fake snow). Maggie and Ellie have their stockings up and I bought glittered "M" and "E" stocking charms so that Santa can tell which ones needs coal.



1 comment:

Tara said...

Oh my goodness! I got the downstairs decorated on Sunday but the upstairs tree is in black plastic bags with the tree skirt and bow lying close by the box of ornaments. There is no wreath on my door or windows yet or any outside decorations. I def. prefer doing it all at once but didn't happen this year. Your decorations are beautiful and simply elegant, which is what I love.

Related Posts with Thumbnails