The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It IS Christmas!

After dropping Maggie off at preschool yesterday, I decided to spend the entire 3+ hours while she was at preschool hanging out and messing around with Ellie. First stop was the credit union and then shopping for Big Daddy.

I managed to hear "Last Christmas" three times and NOT ONE time was by the original artist, WHAM!. (Two Taylor Swift's and one unknown...btw, Taylor Swift's version is my FAVORITE) This morning I'm listening to "Hard Candy Christmas" by Dolly Parton and "Merry Christmas, Darling" by The Carpenters. These three songs happen to be my FAVORITE secular Christmas songs.

In other news, we are not able to skype with Big Daddy like we had hoped. The internet connection at the hotel sucks. We are all disappointed...beyond words. Big Daddy is literally sick without his girls. He misses Maggie & Ellie so much. And of course, they miss him just as much. I think Big Daddy and I can handle being away from each other for any pre-determined amount of time, but adding the kids into the mix makes it rather unbearable.

On a brighter note, we have some new (used) house prospects. We have never lived in a pre-owned house, but we're open to it at this point. We also have a showing scheduled for our house this weekend. Another highlight of Big Daddy's absence is that the master bathroom has stayed completely clean for 24+ hours.

Feel free to pray for our houses (current and future) and the homesick hearts (Big Ddaddy, Maggie, Ellie and yours truly).
It seems that home really is where the heart is.

I have big plans for tonight's free time! I'm making a non-Christmas ribbon wreath for Maggie's room. Pictures will hopefully be up tomorrow.


1 comment:

Tara said...

I hate Skype because it never seems to work. It seems like the stars must align before it will even halfway work for me. That whole house on the market thing scares me after our fiasco. I hope you have the same luck as last time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails