The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Monday, November 15, 2010

The Secret is Out

(I have no idea why this is underlined and I don't really care!)


We were finally able to tell Big Daddy's parent's that we are moving to Georgia. They reacted sort of as we expected. I think they thought that they could change our minds by bringing up some of the silliest (mind blowing really) little details about moving. I could tell some of the things they were saying were making Big Daddy feel bad, so I had to speak up for us. (I started taking up for us and our children and not putting up with quite as much lip from them once I became a mom.) Sometimes I think it's too much to ask for a little support and a lot less negativity from them.

On the way home Big Daddy and I had a nice chat about how we are doing with all of this. A lot of people think that it's easy for us to leave. Like we won't miss our families. Like we have some super ability to just turn off our emotions and our worries and sell our house and move our daughters and setup camp somewhere else. Like we haven't thought of the biggest and tiniest details of all of this. That makes us feel sort of bad.


We have also talked (endlessly really) about minivans. I like to call it, "The Great Minivan Debate of 2010". We thought we had our minds made up, but then we took our other option for a test drive and now we are torn. We do not take things lightly, I guess.

Maggie would like "a silver one with sliding doors".

I would like to adopt the salesman at the Honda place to be our travel companion.

He's young,energetic, adorable and our kids love him. I think he would be nice to have on long car trips because Ellie really enjoyed looking at him and being tickled by him. And I th
ink he'd load my groceries and maybe wash the van when it gets dirty.

And on another note: Happy Birthday to my big sister! Also known as "Auntie Charles" to Maggie & Ellie. (Her name isn't Charles, but I've called her that for years)

Don't forget to enter the
CSNStores Giveaway. It ends tomorrow at noon (EST)!!

1 comment:

Tara said...

I think y'all are pretty deliberate decision-makers. Just remember that y'all are the ones having to live with the decision. If you feel it is best for your family, then it is most likely the right decision. You might realize at some point that it wasn't but then you can make another decision.

Maybe I'll buy your house :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails