The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Long Weekend of Thankful Things

We started out our Thanksgiving holiday on Wednesday. Big Daddy had finished all of his work obligations and decided to take Maggie & Cousin Callie to see "Tangled"in 3D. I had planned on taking Maggie this week, but we decided it would make a nice Daddy-daughter date. Big Daddy actually said that it was one of the best movies he had seen in a long time and that I should take Maggie to see it again. I liked the idea of it until I saw the movie price on the ticket stubs...yikes!

The movie was so wonderful that Big Daddy took the girls for ice cream afterward and was late to his little going away party. It was very little and not much of a party, but we roasted hot dogs and marshmallows and enjoyed sitting by the fire with my parents and my sister and her family. I bought some nitrate free, all beef hot dogs that were awesome. (They had that little bit of crispness on the outside without having to be blackened...oh my!) We were also able to use the dead tree that fell on our property the week before as fire wood.

We enjoyed the fire so much that Big Daddy added a few logs and we went back out after the girls were asleep...and we had watched a documentary on PBS about the official White House photographers, past and present. Fascinating, really.

We went to my mom and dad's for Thanksgiving as always. These two sat at the Princess table as always.

This picture shows two of my favorite things! 1) Maggie was hungry and actually asked if she could eat. This doesn't happen very often, but she was so hungry for lunch on Thursday. 2) A certain someone now smiles on command for the camera. (Unless you're trying to get a picture for the family Christmas card.)
I love this face!
Ellie missed her nap on Thursday and fell asleep at 6:30 during the two mile drive home from my mom and dad's house. She slept until 6:30 the next morning. I had asked my aunt to take some pictures of us as a family, but I felt a little like a fat cow after lunch. We decided to take a few test shots on Thursday night (of Maggie in her 3D glasses) to get the lighting right and then let Maggie have the camera. She was practically a professional because Callie had been taking pictures all day with her mom's camera and had given Maggie photography lessons. Maggie actually said, "You don't have to tell me what to do because I've been with Callie all day. Now which button do I push?". She managed to cover the flash half of the time, but did an amazing job. I'm pretty sure that the picture I had to use of us will be a little blurry, but that's okay.

It took me forever to pick a card and then get everything just right, but I managed to use the Shutterfly offer and order our cards on Thursday night. I can't wait to get them!!

My mom asked Maggie to come over on Friday to help her with Christmas decorations and of course, Maggie went. Big Daddy and I spent a little quality time with Ellie and went shopping and out to lunch. T.arget was surprisingly not busy. I managed to get one of the things on my list for $5 off and pick up little gifst for my parents at a discount. We had lunch at McAlister's (which was hard to do without Maggie since that's one of her favorite restaurants, with Panera being the other one) and enjoyed each other's company. Big Daddy and I both had the Holiday Panini and Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Soup, which is fast becoming our favorite! We rounded out the day with naps for me and Ellie and then having dinner (leftovers) at my parents. Maggie had a sleepover with my mom, so we picked her up Saturday morning for more family fun!

Our long weekend definitely revolved around family. We were with the people we are thankful for and doing some of the things that we enjoy most.

A few things I plan to share this week:
  • I finally made my ribbon wreath and will be sharing the finished product!! Of course, I did it completely different from that! I used a 10 inch straw wreath and four different polka dotted ribbons. I forgot to buy ribbon to wrap the wreath, but found just enough from last Christmas that also coordinated. I didn't realize that she used a sewing machine until after I had planned my craft, but I just made loops and then pinned my loops to the wreath. Since I used a smaller wreath I also made smaller loops. I adore the finished product and will probably be making a non-Christmas themed wreath in the very near future. I'm going to pay attention and go t o Hobby Lobby when ribbon is half off! I'm thinking about a black/white/pink one for Maggie's room, among other things. I was able to do the entire thing during Saturday's nap!!
  • I also be sharing the pictures of our Christmas decorations...first "my" stuff and then Maggie and Ellie's little trees. Ellie's is sweet and adorable and Maggie's is a little...flashy and busy, but it's all her.
  • The daily drama. I'll be a single parent from Sunday when I leave for Church until Saturday morning. Big Daddy starts his new job on Monday, but has an exam scheduled here the following Monday. I'm thankful that his first time away will be short because Maggie is already having a hard time with how things are going to be. Ellie is clueless for now, but she has recently become quite attached to her Daddy.
  • My Christmas Wish List. I do this every single year in my head and I think it's a lot of fun to record it for the future. Big Daddy and I aren't big gift-givers, but it's fun to wish for things. I think he may get me a gift on his own this year...something to add to the gift that I picked out on Friday.
  • I'll also be sharing the family Christmas card!
Align Center

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails