The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like...

you guessed it, Christmas.

Seriously. I saw a Christmas tree in a house on my street. I need to get through Thanksgiving before I decorate for Christmas, but as I've shared before, I have nearly all of my Christmas shopping complete. It's not too early for me to shop or think about Christmas cards. I'm one of those people who love the written word and love sending and receiving cards...especially photo cards. I didn't send out cards last year, but I'm trying to plan ahead and get my card ideas together for Christmas 2010.

Enter Shutterfly.

I've used Shutterfly before and I adore them! Maggie's birth announcements, first Christmas photo card and her first birthday announcement photo cards all came from Shutterfly. They have so many styles and designs to choose from and you can change colors, fonts and the way the wording is. The personalization possibilities just goes on and on!

After realizing that I should probably start thinking about our Christmas cards and/or photos, I decided to do photo cards and of course, thought of Shutterfly. I have spent way too much time looking at all of their designs and I think I've narrowed it down to 15. Okay, maybe I need to narrow it down a little more, but I like so many of their products. I like classic and mod, traditional colors and the unexpected ones too. I always pick a card that is religious or add a bible verse to the wording. I think I've finally narrowed it down to three.

I like this folding card because it seems a little nicer than just a flat photo card. Using a folding card would also give you a chance to write a little note on the inside to make the card a little more personal.Then I saw this one and I just think monograms looks so smart and classic. I'd honestly stamp a big M on just about everything we have if I thought I could get by with it!

And I like this one just the way it is...with pictures of my family though! I like the cards with multiple pictures because with Maggie & Ellie it's not always easy to get one photo where they both look "good".
I think you can tell that I like chocolate brown. Of course, they have more traditional Christmas-y colors to choose from too. After you choose your card, layout, wording, font and any color changes you'll have a card that is very personal and very you.

I like photo Christmas cards because we often send cards to people who we may go years without seeing. It's fun to look back on the pictures from years before and see how much we have changed. We have taken a picture in front of the tree every year of our marriage and a few even before. It wasn't until we had Maggie that we started actual photo Christmas cards. And I don't plan to ever use a professional photographer for this, so Shutterfly makes even more since. You can even upload pictures throughout the year and do a mini collage for Christmas.

If this year is like years past, we'll get at least three photo cards that have the exact same background and wording and font styles that are almost identical. With Shutterfly, you can customize (a lot) so I'm pretty sure our photo won't be the only thing that sets our card apart from the rest!

Shutterfly is currently offering a special. Bloggers can get 50 free holiday cards! Go here to learn more.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails