The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Monday, November 8, 2010

Finally!

**Alternately titled- "The Big Reveal","Georgia On My Mind", "The Things We Do For Love","Here We Go Again", "I thought I said I was never leaving this house" or "The Moving McMillans"

As you have probably guessed by now, we're moving...again. (Unless something really big happens!) And I was just getting all settled in!

We're moving just south of Atlanta, Georgia in a town that shall remain nameless.

We're going deeper into The South. :-) They have Publix.

We'll be six hours away from my family. :-(

Six hours away from Nana and Pawpaw. (Oh, crap!!)

Six hours away from Destin, Florida which happens to be one of our most favorite places ever.

It's still sort of a secret because we haven't been able to visit Big Daddy's mom and dad to tell them in person. Although, Big Daddy did tell his brother last week after everything had been finalized.

We are excited, scared and nervous. Of course, our biggest concerns center around the children and taking them away from family. Big Daddy will start a new job right after Thanksgiving, so I'll officially be doing the single parent-thing for a couple of weeks between visits. I'm not at all looking forward to that.

I'm handling all of this surprisingly well. This has been in the works for nearly a month and I've had plenty of sleepless nights to pray and worry and cry about everything that moving involves. Of course, being 6 hours away from my family is going to be the hardest part for all of us, including Big Daddy. (I love that he loves my family that much)

I worry about big things and little things. I have cried driving in my car because Saturdays will no longer be family days. I'll have to go to Church without my honey. I worry about Big Daddy's laundry and what he'll eat and if his clothes will match or if his tie will be straight when he leaves for work. I worry all sorts of things about the kids. Maggie cries at night sometimes because she'll miss her best friends, Hannah and Abbie, and even if she gets new friends "they won't be twins". Poor Ellie has no idea what is going on.

I'm thankful that we are moving deeper into The South. I'm thankful that the area is really great (or so Big Daddy tells me) and that there's plenty of stuff to do. I'm thankful that I like peaches and peanuts. I'm hopeful that we'll find a Church that's comparable to the past two churches that we've loved. I'm hopeful that Big Daddy will like his new job and that we'll all adjust quickly and enjoy this new chapter in our life as a family.

At times all of the logistics have seemed like more than we could handle, but things are always quickly put into perspective. One of my best friends just had a cancerous spot removed and we are hopeful that her other biopsies come back okay. One of my other friends has a sister-in-law that has a very rare form of cancer. One of the sweetest kids that was in my Bible school class this summer is about to have brain surgery and he's only four years old. Four.

We're just moving.


We would appreciate your prayers for us and I would greatly appreciate your prayers for the people I mentioned above.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Had a feeling. :) I will pray really hard for you, that all that is involved with this move goes smoothly. I may be one of the only ones that isn't upset! I think it's a great adventure for you. Maggie will be just fine. :) And Ellie won't remember. I hope you will be okay without your Big Daddy...for a while. You are right, YOU ARE ONLY MOVING. Love you!

Tara said...

Well I knew it! I am sad just because I know your family is going to miss y'all like crazy. I'm happy for you and hopeful that this move will bring happiness since your small hometown and Big Daddy's job never seemed to be the right fit. It can definitely be done and one day, can definitely be undone too if needed.

Christina said...

Gosh, and I thought you were pregnant!! Oh well!! I hope ou are all very happy in your new surroundings. I know your family will miss you like crazy! You're a brave woman for going so far away from home ( I would never be able to do it ). Congrats and we'll be praying for a smooth transition for everybody!

Odie Boggs said...

Well, My guess was wrong. The thought had crossed my mind that you may be moving to Sanford.

I will be praying for you all! It will be an adjustment for all of you. But thankfully through technology staying in touch is easy.


Odie
boggsbloggs.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails