The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Clean

I like to clean, but I love for things to be clean.

After a small crying spell this morning, Big Daddy has promised that the "baby's room" (aka Big Daddy's junk hole/computer room) will be cleaned out by the middle of the week. The weather is going to be great over the next several days so we're also planning to spend some time in the storage building and see what we have that can be thrown away or donated to charity. (I'm told that I have a large assortment of flower pots that I ever use.) Of course, all of this will lead to cleaning out our closets again. I really don't think that I have anything else to get rid of, but it seems like the clothes multiply.

All of this is so that I can feel useful and start going through The Muffin's baby clothes and picking out what to keep for our Baby-to-be, what to take to the consignment shop for a little extra cash and what can be given to charity or taken to the local pregnancy crisis center. I absolutely love looking at all the outfits that she wore. Several of them were only worn a couple of times and are just like new. We realize that another baby girl could not possibly wear all of the clothes, so we must get rid of some things. Of course, I'll take pictures of everything first!

After the room is empty (except for the baby bed and Big Daddy's gun safe in the closet) we'll be able to move the armoire into Muff's room and Muff's chest of drawers into the baby's room. My mom has volunteered her painting services which this pregnant asthmatic will gladly take advantage of! Temporarily, the computer will be in our bedroom (which I hate) until we find a desk suitable for a little home office space in our kitchen. We have decided to have a desk in the kitchen and eliminate our breakfast nook. We spent $$$ having my parents install hardwood flooring in the dining room and it's only been used a couple of times in the 6 years we've lived here. Big Daddy says that we need to use the room and our expensive dining room table, so this is our solution.

Tomorrow we will go to church to clear off some of the dust and dirt that this stressful week has left. Then we're planning a picnic and play time at the park. After The Muffin's nap, we're having a play date with our friends.

Next week is already looking busy. The Muffin and I have our usual list of things to do; Kindermusik, housework, laundry and Storytime. Hopefully, Big Daddy will be at the library/gym/job interviews. My Dad is scheduled for eye surgery on Thursday, so we'll be going to Nana & Pawpaw's on Friday to pick Callie up from school and spend a little time with the special patient.

1 comment:

Joy@WDDCH said...

I love decorating posts- from the first part (cleaning the room out) to the last finishing touches. So definitely post pics!!!

Do you know what you want to decorate the nursery in?

Great idea to use the dining room now! I know a lot of people who use their kitchen for their computer room as well. It will be an adjustment but it will feel good to use that dining table, too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails