The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Thursday, February 5, 2009

*BIG* Red Update

The *BIG* part of the update is my belly. I saw my sister for the first time in two weeks today and she commented on how much my belly had grown. And with good reason, I've gained 5 pounds in the past month! My midwife, Wesley, told me not to worry since my total (so far) is "only" 11 pounds. I had a month of rapid weight gain during my pregnancy with The Muffin, but I'm sure this time it has lots to do with stress and the food that Big Daddy have been enjoying to bring us comfort. We're going to try and do better.
The red part of the update is also my belly. I have a rash. Wesley mentioned it to me today and then I realized it had been blotchy and itchy since last Saturday. She told me to use a certain cream on it and to take B.enadryl if I wanted to. I may take the B.enadryl for it's sleep-inducing purposes.
As for our family situation, Big Daddy is on "temporary lay off" from his job. We do have a very BIG blessing that goes along with this, so we are not in any immediate danger. We have always tried to be smart with our money and we'll start living a little smarter to keep extra spending down. Anyone who lives in our part of the state or knows where he works knew that his sort of thing was somewhat inevitable. He truly loves the company and is so respectful of the decision to lay off some employees so that others can pick up the slack and keep working.
Of course, this impacts me and Muff and our little life. We have to figure out how to share our mornings and afternoons with Big Daddy when he used to only be around in the evenings. Since he's working towards his MBA, the library may get him a few mornings a week. And another couple of mornings we'll send him to the gym. We wouldn't want him to mess up our routine too much. I'll also be putting those few little baby purchases on hold for now. They aren't necessities and I really like saving money, so they'll wait. Hopefully, our marriage will survive more family time. ;-)
The Muffin had a great time staying with Nana and Pawpaw. She was so tired that she fell asleep in my lap after her bath. I feel so blessed to have parents and a sister, brother-in-law, niece and nephew that love her so much. I think The Muffin is already planning her next trip! I slept "through the night" for the first time in three years!! I did get up to use the bathroom twice, but there was no Muffin for me to check on. No Muffin to have a crazy dream and call for music or ice cream in the middle of the night. No Muffin to walk into my room and climb into my bed to "cuddle" at 6:00. Our bed seemed so big and lonely and we're already looking forward to some family cuddle time in the morning. It's just not the same here without her. She's definitely our glue.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really have no idea how I ended up on your blog, but, it brought back great memories of anticipating our kids arrivals!

You have a great blog and an amazing family.

God Bless!!

Lori Biddle

Tara said...

Well if you are halfway through the pregnancy and you've only gained 11 lbs. so far, maybe you'll only gain 11 more. Ok, I'm trying to help. I know there is certainly no rhyme or reason with pregnancy.

It's so sweet The Muffin gets to go away for some fun and The Mommy and Big Daddy get some quiet time and rest. I know you enjoy it but miss her all at the same time!

Q, La, and Gooner said...

I've gained 11 too! I think it's ok and healthy!

We will be prayin' about the job situation. I know what it's like sweetness, and it aint fun. BUT, keep looking up; we will make it!

Joy@WDDCH said...

Oh my goodness, I thought I was the only one who felt weird when Daddy was home during a weekday. It's good to know you send him off somewhere to keep your routine because he completely throws mine for a loop. We keep the TV off all day BUT when he is home... it is on and the kids are vegetables. Yuck!

Anyway, sorry to hear his laid off and you guys are taking it well!

Related Posts with Thumbnails