The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Monday, February 16, 2009

The Baby Belly-Week 24


Our baby to be is about 13.5 inches tall this week! She's adding some baby fat so that she won't be all skin and bones when she gets here!


Pacey Grace continues to move around so much! Yesterday during the Praise and Worship service at church, she was kicking along to the music! The ladies in the nursery are anxious to have a new little baby to take care of and I'm actually looking forward to leaving our sweet baby in their care. (I think I must realize that this may be my only private time- two hours each week while in church!) I never even attempted or even wanted to leave The Muffin at our other church, but it's so different here. We found out this morning that the two couples from our Sunday school class that are adopting from Ethiopia will be expecting their infant boys in late summer or early fall, so Pacey will have friends around her age.


I spent time yesterday reading about the sixth month of pregnancy and thinking about labor and delivery. In so many ways I feel like this is my first experience with being pregnant and anticipating the delivery. I didn't think about or know how things could go wrong so fast at the end of a picture-perfect pregnancy. With The Muffin's birth, I lost my innocence and I worry about all of the seemingly rare things that can happen. I have an idea of how I want this birth to be and I'll be discussing it with my midwives soon.


Big Daddy and I also talked about what will happen after the baby is out of the belly. Who will The Muffin stay with if I have to go to the hospital before my family arrives and how I want things to be handled during the hospital stay. I've decided to make a sign to put on the door of my hospital room that asks for visitors to check with the nurse before entering. I don't want to seem rude or ungrateful when people are coming by to offer their well-wishes, but I do not like people (ahem! my in-laws) watching as I struggle to get out of bed to get to the bathroom. There were several times where we were interrupted during a nursing session by visitors and I'm not going to allow that to happen this time. I also want to be considerate of our first baby girl and make sure that she has time to get to know her new sister and feels like this is about more than just Mommy and baby and all these people coming by. I want this time to be about our little family of four getting to know each other and most importantly, I want to rest when I want to rest, without interruptions. After we're home, the ringers will be off on the phones, the doorbell will be unplugged and there will also be a sign on the door asking for visitors to call first and leave a message. I did this the first week that Muff and I were home and it was such a relief not to worry about unexpected visitors. We were alone about 14 hours a day, she cried LOTS and when she slept (which was rarely), I slept. I want visitors, but this time I want them on my terms. I'm going to make this labor and delivery a little more about me and what I want. If this is our last little baby, I want it to be a positive experience that I can look back on.
Do you think that's too much to ask?

3 comments:

Christina said...

That is definately not too much to ask!! I think you are taking a great approach to YOUR Birthing experience. I hope everything works out just the way you want it!

Tara said...

I'm sure my second time around will be different than the first. I know more of what to expect. Make preparations for yourself and your expanding family...don't worry about the others who will get mad or won't understand.

That was the background I was going to choose. I like it alot and it goes with your header perfectly!

Joy@WDDCH said...

It's your experience and it is what you make it! Sounds like you have a great plan.

With your first baby you are so protective of them, you won't leave them with anyone to watch, etc., etc. But with your 2nd you do want that time without baby for a little while and the church nursery is a great place! You're still protective of baby #2, but in a different way.

Related Posts with Thumbnails