The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Friday, February 20, 2009

Oh, Baby!

The Muffin woke up around 5:30 this morning and when I walked into her room she had her arms open and said she was ready to come to bed with me. I put her in the bed beside of Big Dady and went to the bathroom. She was fast asleep when I returned. I tried to lay there with them, but my pregnant-stuffy-nose and asthma would not cooperate and I was downstairs by 6:00 with a delightful cup of coffee.
I heard her start fussing at 6:20. She wanted me. She needed me. I decided to sit on the couch and wait it out. Big Daddy quickly came down the stairs and plopped her on the couch beside of me. I sent him back to bed and Muff and I cuddled until 6:30...then it was time for chocolate chip pancakes.
The Muffin loves her Daddy unless she's hungry, tired, hurt or it has anything to do with sleep. I know she thinks he is totally incapable of caring for her because I have always been in charge of anything related to her physical well-being. (To be honest, I think he's incapable sometimes to.) We had breakfast and discussed how much her Daddy loves her and wants to take care of her and how I can't always be around. I asked her what we would do if I was giving the baby "baby milk" (aka, breastfeeding) and she needed something. I asked if Daddy could help then and of course, she had a solution. She told me that she would give the baby it's milk and then I could help her.

How long after the baby gets here do you think it wil be before she's trying to nurse it?

2 comments:

Tara said...

What a hoot! IF she does try, you have to promise us a picture. Ok, nevermind!

Christina said...

That's so funny. I can totally picture the little Muffin-Mommy trying to "feed" Cupcake!

Related Posts with Thumbnails