The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Our Day

The Muffin and I are going out for a while this morning. We need a few things from the grocery store and we are going to get tons of paint chips and try to find a color that coordinates with Pacey's new bedding that my sweet family bought for her/me. I'm hoping to find a color that is a shade lighter than the main color of the bedding. The nursery is the smallest bedroom in the house, so if I use the main color in the bedding it may look a little dark. The color is neutral and would look nice with many other colors in the future.
Big Daddy is studying at the college library today. He hasn't been spending as much time on his homework lately. He may be "working" out of town some this week, so he's catching up today. Please be in prayer for our sweet Big Daddy. He has a few prospects that he's working on and I think his ego and self esteem could use a little boost. I'm doing the best hat I can to make him feel well, but I think someone (you may be able to guess who she is) is able to undo all that I do...got it?
Tomorrow, my sweet mommy-friend April and her family also need your prayers. Her husband, Michael, is having 9 tumors removed from his torso and arm. (They are Muff's possible future in-laws, by the way. She just may marry their son and the daddy's share a love of guns and the mommy's share a love of...being together, laughing and having lunch.) This couple is about the same age as me and Big Daddy and I'm praying that everything comes out okay. I know that their church family is praying hard too.

And just for laughs, The Muffin was "reading" the story of Adam and Eve this morning and it went something like this:
Adam and Eve were so hungry and just look at those apples. They are so good!
I said, "I thought they were supposed to stay away from the apples."
Oh, Jesus just put them in time out.

I guess that explains why we're where we are today.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

That girl! She comes up with some good ones.
Have a time out and about. I'm about to get out of the bed and get ready for work. Oh boy!
Tell Mike to hang in there. Something great will come along soon!

Tara said...

Out of the mouths of babes! Good luck on the paint chips and finding just the right color. I'm starting on my formal dining room this week.

Joy@WDDCH said...

Oh how funny! I love what kids come up with and how they interpret things.

Cannot wait to see nursery stuff!

Related Posts with Thumbnails