The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Friday, December 18, 2009

And then she got coal in her stocking

After the day that we've had, I'm tempted to give The Muffin coal in her stocking. She'd probably just throw it at me, but I am tempted.

She decided that she wanted to wear her Christmas dress to the library party today (she said that it "was a Christmas party"). It wasn't worth fighting over, so I got the entire outfit together last night. As I was feeding Ellie breakfast, The Muffin came in the kitchen wearing only p.anties, carrying her dress, pantyhose and shoes and she wanted to get dressed "right now". I told her that she needed to eat her breakfast (she said she wasn't hungry the 700 times that I'd asked her to eat), brush her teeth and wash er face before getting dressed. She said that I was " a bad mommy". I've probably been called worse (although I can't think of anything worse) but this made me cry the ugly cry. Muff just looked at me and then walked off. A few minutes passed and I realized that she wasn't coming to apologize. She needed help with her pantyhose, so she called me and said, "Mommy, I'm ready for my pantyhose". After several thousand times of her asking I walked into her room and told her that she called me a bad mommy and I asked if she wanted to say anything. She looked at me and said yes. I told her to go ahead and I got ready for the big apology. The only thing that came out her mouth was..."Pantyhose" as she held them out for me to put on her. After a long lecture about respect, appropriate behavior and a few mentions of Jesus and Santa , she apologized. She also told me that Santa would be bringing me "not anything for Christmas". I told her I'd be surprised if he brought me anything since he hadn't for the past several years!

We went to the party and everything was fine. Baby Ellie fell asleep in the sling and I felt like I wasn't that bad of a mommy. Turns out that the sleeping baby in the sling was the sweetness that was meant o carry me through the next couple of hours.

We'll skip over the tantrum on our little visit to Nana's house and fast forward to the big tantrum before lunch.

It was big.

It was long.

It started and stopped and started and stopped.

It was over the Dorothy dress.

Heaven help me.

I grabbed the camera to capture it so that Big Daddy to could see one of the joys of being me. Needless to say, Muff did not like that. She finally hid her head (while yelling, moaning and groaning). after the tantrum ended she asked me not to show her Daddy. I guess it was a special mother-daughter moment just for us.

And on a completely different note it may snow/sleet/ice tomorrow. Of course, tomorrow is also the day that Big Daddy and my brother-in-law are going to pick up our new furniture. I'll be praying that the wet weather holds off until 4:00 or later.

I will also add that I'm setting this post to auto-publish tomorrow, so all of this really happened yesterday and today Big Daddy and our BIL will hopefully be getting our new furniture. I hope that didn't confuse you as much as it did me. Big Daddy will be off of work from today until after Christmas. If you'd like to add our little family to your prayer list that would be great!!! Both girls seem to be a little better when it's just us girls, although they both love their Daddy.



3 comments:

Tara said...

Oh my gosh...if/when Andrew calls me a bad mommy, I will cry too! Hope y'all are having a better day today but I heard the weather is already getting bad that way. Hope the furniture gets delivered today!!

Joy@WDDCH said...

Awwww, I'm sorry! I've definitely had those moments too.

The other day I told Elaina "NO!" about something and she told me, "Fine, you're not my friend anymore!" as she stomped off. I remembered reading an article on how it's important to not react emotionally but instead to say something like, "That's fine but I will always be your friend!" Then drop it.

When I did that I couldn't believe how quickly she changed her heart. Kids will say they hate us, don't like us, that we're bad or awful but they don't truly mean it. I said so many things to my mom as a teenager that I said out of anger and not out of truth.

She only said it because she didn't get her way. You're NOT a bad mommy. And she isn't a bad child either. They just all go through this. I think it is a precursor to teen years, ha ha!

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Oh Jamie, I'm sorry! It's rough when they have bad days. Muffin is definitely strong willed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails