The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Family Craft Day


Today was "Family Craft Day" at Muff's preschool. Baby Ellie stayed with Nana and I spent some quality time alone until it was time for the parents to arrive at the preschool.

I went to H.obby Lobby to look at a few things on my wish list. Of course, the apothecary jar of my dreams was 50% off this week. I told Big Daddy that I would not be spending anymore money for a while, so I refrained from buying it. I pretended to hear the jingling of money dropping into the savings account, but I could only hear the apothecary jar calling my name.

I left there and went to the mall for a little shoe shopping. Even though it's a small (crappy) mall, I found no less than five pairs of boots (some 50% off!!) that I wanted and could see myself wearing to church this Sunday with a black skirt and red top. (sigh)

I love saving money...love it. I love having a nest egg. I love having security. And that is what I keep telling myself. It's just no fun being good.


The Muffin's only visit with Santa so far this season.



2 comments:

Tara said...

I like having a nest egg too but always being good is hard and often not fun. Maybe I'll get back to Hobby Lobby and actually buy my apothecary jars one day.

Joy@WDDCH said...

I LOVE Hobby Lobby! I had to refrain last time I was there as well. I told husby he could get me a giftcard to that store and I'd be giddy as a school girl!

Related Posts with Thumbnails