The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Monday, December 14, 2009

The Sweetest Things

I could go on and on about how little sleep I've been getting lately, but I'm going to focus on a few positives.

After rough nights on Friday and Saturday (Big Daddy snored, Muff coughed and Ellie just wanted me) I slept pretty good last night. Big Daddy has been getting up (after I wake him) to give Ellie her paci or rub her back when she cries sometimes. If that doesn't get her back to sleep then I know that she's hungry and I get up to feed her. Anyway...I got a little more sleep last night and Ellie slept in our bed in the crook of my arm from 6:00 to 6:30 this morning. I did not want to get up for preschool at all! I hated for The Muffin to miss her Christmas party, so we got up and got ready even though I wanted a lazy day. I would have loved to cuddle in the bed a little longer.

And here are a few Sweet Things from our weekend.

Both girls were up early on Saturday. Big Daddy watched them while I worked on the computer upstairs. Our 2GB memory card had so many videos on it and I'd been wanting to move them all over to the desktop to free up some room for Christmas pictures. I had started moving the movies one other time, but ran into a problem on the laptop. I was thrilled when I found the first two videos of Baby Ellie on a disk upstairs! I thought they had gotten lost between the memory card and the disk, but I was wrong! I was so upset when I thought I'd lost the video of my midwife putting Ellie in my arms for the first time. It felt like a Christmas miracle finding the "lost" video!

On Sunday, we decided to go to our new church and leave a little early so that Muff could go to the Christmas play at Nana & Pawpaw's church. We signed in, got the girls their nametags and took them to their classes. We made it again wothout our pager going off or Ellie! When we went to get her everyone went on and on about how wonderful and sweet she was. And they put a nursery tag on her diaper bag. I'm not sure why this is a sweet thing, but it's just so cute to see her name tag stuck to her back or in this case, the little luggage tag on her diaper bag.

After picking Ellie up we went to The Muffin's sunday school class. Her teacher told us that she was getting ready to say her Bible verse. We watched her walk to stand beside of her teacher and then he put his arm around her and she said, "Joseph heard the good news". I could tell that she was so proud of herself, but we were even more proud of her! She really seems to feel at home at his new church and that is such a blessing to all of us! We read her Sunday school lesson last night after dinner and she said, "Hey, that's my Bible verse!".

1 comment:

Tara said...

Before children, you don't think about how the smallest things will make you the happiest. I never knew how my heart would swell when somebody in the nursery bragged about how good Andrew was until it happened.

Related Posts with Thumbnails