The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

January...So Far

I feel like lots of things have happened since we rang in the new year. Since Big Daddy has been away I have noticed how fast things change in even the span of a week. Being apart can really start to take a toll on both of us. He falls into the routine of being alone in a hotel room night after night and I get used to the bathroom staying clean for more than 5 minutes and not having to pick up clothes from the closet, the bathroom and the bedroom. I knew that 2011 would be an eventful year, but there have been quite a few things that have happened already!


  • Our Church started a new series and I'm doing the daily devotional and started working on reading the whole Bible this year.
  • We found out that a couple-friend of ours has split up and will most likely be divorcing.
  • We have found out about new babies that are expected this year. (not in this house!)
  • I have not quite perfected my chain stitch, but after NOT crocheting in 7+ years, I have picked up yarn again!
  • I am doing yoga...daily.
  • I have found that absence really makes the heart grow a little fonder.
  • Ellie says "Sissy" (sounds more like "Sithsy") more than "Maaa" for Maggie.
  • In preparation for homeschooling Maggie in the fall, I bought sight word flashcards...or maybe Santa brought them. Anyway, she has been begging to "play the game" and last night, we did. I picked out 20 words that I thought would be easy for her to "sound out" and she did really well! I didn't realize that there were more words on the back. Of course, she insisted that we do those word too even though the were a little more difficult. Once again, she impressed me. I have moments where I really worry about trying to teach her the things that she "should" know and this was just the boost of confidence that I needed!
And it's only January 5th!!


2 comments:

Tara said...

Wonder what the next 26 days will bring? Lots going on!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Crazy start for you! You are totally capable of teaching your girl! There are so many resources now. It's sad to hear about your friend though... Makes you appreciate what you've got!

Related Posts with Thumbnails