The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Friday, January 14, 2011

NOT according to plan

I make plans.
I like plans.
I also like when plans change, but only if it's for the best.
Big Daddy's plans changed.
Not for the best.
He will not be home this weekend.
That means that we will be apart for three weeks once he does come home.
That's the longest we've ever been apart.
In 15 (as of March 2) years.
I've only seen him two days in 2011.

Ellie is oblivious. While Maggie misses him, I think she's gotten used to being without him. We have tried to be vague about when he comes home, just in case. He's currently a nine hour drive away and it just didn't make sense for him to spend so much time on the road so that he could spend so little time at home. Needless to say, we are counting down the days until we are together again.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Soon! And I think when he gets home, y'all need to take a vacation (overnight away from home even if just a mini one, with or without the girls).

Christina said...

WOW! I know you two miss each other horribly! I hope you are able to have some much deserved quality time together when he gets home:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails