The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Monday, January 10, 2011

Lonely, but not alone.

That would describe most of my weekend.

(Ellie is wearing Maggie's old, too small ruby slippers and loves them, but does not love new ruby slippers that actually fit her.)

These two are always with me, so I'm not alone at all!!

We have been fortunate that this is only the second weekend that we have been without Big Daddy. (I think,but I'm not sure, that this is maybe my fifth or sixth weekend of being without him in our almost 15 years.) Saturdays are especially hard because that is our usual "Family Day". Cousin Callie had an Upward Basketball game Saturday morning, so we were happy to attend that with Nana. We picked up lunch and then went home and had rest time. (Don't let the name "rest time" fool you, because Ellie is the only one that takes a rest anymore!) I had a three minute nap and a really big idea. I'll share my really big idea only if it comes to fruition because it seems sort of silly today!

I felt like I was going crazy because Saturday passed and we didn't do any of our usual stuff. The last time Big Daddy was away on a Saturday I took the girls shopping and to Panera for lunch. I felt sad, lonely and I was a little grumpy by the time dinner rolled around.

We had dinner a little late and then I sent the girls to their bathroom for baths. Ellie's favorite thing to do is run away as soon as she is naked. She goes straight to the couch and peeks over the back of it until I am within sight. Then she dives down behind the pillows and starts kicking them off, laughing and anticipating my arrival. I carry her back to the tub and she splashes and plays with her sister. After bath, it's the same scenario played out again. This time I decided to go ahead and comb Maggie's hair before retrieving Ellie. I told Maggie that I had to hurry because her sister might pee on the couch. We both laughed and I went to the living room to find a huge wet spot and a naked Ellie on the couch.

I cried.

I think it's called rock bottom.

Of course, it was funny, but there's only so much a Mommy can take.

There is a big (for us) snow being forecast for Monday/Tuesday, so I would greatly appreciate your prayers. There is something about knowing that your housebound "alone" with two children that makes me want to cry.

On a brighter note, Maggie is in LOVE with "The Sound of Music". It was our Thursday and Friday evening entertainment. It's such a wholesome, fun movie...minus the N@zi part. Maggie has asked to become a nun and to have her hair cut short like Maria's. (She also wants it long like Rapunzel's) She wanted the movie "to never end and go on forever and ever" and asked if we could NOT take it back to the Library. I think she'll be getting it for her birthday.

Maggie is also in love with yoga.



This week promises to be big week for us! Stay tuned.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Gooner loves to be naked and gets on our bed and rolls around. As soon as I see her I LUNGE because I'm afraid she will pee. You are doing so well! It's hard to be alone...all the time. REALLY hard. But think of it as just a season.

Tara said...

We all have those rock bottom days. Luckily, things always turn around (until the next rock bottom day happens). I have a feeling things are looking up for your family or at least I'm hoping so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails