The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Children Change Everything

Just the other night Big Daddy and I were talking about those first few days after we brought The Muffin home from the hospital. We were insecure and unsure of our abilities to care for her. She cried all the time. And there were blankets everywhere. On the couch. On every chair. In the bassinet. On the changing table. We used the blankets for The Muffin, for ourselves and often in lieu of that burpie that was just out of reach.

Fast forward to now...
My side of the bed.
In the foyer.


the house is covered with different things. Friday morning it was ponies. One day it is cars and trucks. Another day it's babies. More often than not, it's the Wizard of Oz "babies" that we collected from H.appy Meals.

I like things neat, clean and tidy. You may find a pony here and there, but there's usually no dust underneath. I clean around The Muffin's stuff. She's scattered throughout the house. Nana gave her an old watch that she constantly wore each time we visited. She promptly placed it on my bedside table and put it there each time I would move it. She has a place for everything, even if it's not the place that I would like it to be.

As they say, having a baby changes everything.

2 comments:

Joy said...

What a cutie! I, too, find children stuff everywhere.

You know what? I thought having two is a breeze. It really is! Maybe because Elaina is so helpful. Maybe because I kind of knew what I was doing the 2nd time around. Whatever it was it's been good!

Q, La, and Gooner said...

I can't imagine all the stuff I need to change. I have SO much stuff in the reach of small hands...

Glad you can work on the nursery!

Related Posts with Thumbnails