The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Thursday, January 1, 2009

One More Week

***UPDATED***I will be sharing if the baby is a boy or a girl, but we might not make the name completely public until birth...we'll see.

Next Thursday is our "big" ultrasound appointment and hopefully we'll find out what our Baby-to-be is. I'm anxious to see that sweet face and if we can find out the sex, I can't wait to have a name for our baby. We're still working on that!
I'm getting more excited about the whole boy or girl thing, but the health of our baby and everything around it is always on my mind. I try to remeber that I know so much more than I did when I was pregnant with The Muffin...well, the bad part there is I know so much more good and bad pregnancy-related things. I know that even my doctors and midwives are probably a little more aware because of our situation when The Muffin was born. I'm hoping that I don't start sobbing are barking off orders to Pam when she starts the ultrasound. I'm going to try to calmly tell her what I need to know first: 1) How many lobes does the placenta have? 2) How is the cord inserted (into the placenta)? 3)How is the cord placement? 4)Is it a boy or a girl? I hope I can get definite answers to all of my questions. The bad part is if there's nothing wrong with the placenta or the cord insertion and placement I'll still wonder if everything is okay. Until I have our baby in my arms and see it moving and breathing on it's own, I won't feel like all of those things are okay. Vasa previa most definitely takes your innocence away. When I was pregnant with The Muffin I didn't know to worry about these things. I didn't know how easily they can go undiagnosed. I didn't know that it's not routine to screen for these things in our country.
On a brighter note, I could just cry with joy when I think of hearing "It's a boy!" or "It's a girl!". Either one would excite me beyond belief. I definitely have a feeling about what our baby is, but no matter what, it doesn't matter. The Muffin on the other hand knows that our baby is a girl!

Please keep us in your prayers as we await our big day!

4 comments:

Q, La, and Gooner said...

YAY, I can't wait for you! Are you sharing with us the gender??? Or making us wait? I'll be praying s/he is 100% healthy!

Christina said...

I am so excited to find out if you are going to be needing pink and frilly or blue and sporty things!!
I am hoping for a boy for you so you can experience the difference...and I hope we get a little more info on the name...What are your instincts on the baby's gender?? I thought boy on Maxton and boy on Joshua...Everyone was wrong on Alan including the dr's!!

Joy said...

Hey, Elaina knew that her baby sister was a girl when everyone else said it was a boy! So maybe Muffin will be right!

Oh please don't keep the name a secret! PLEASE?! I know so many people doing that lately and I'm about to go bonkers unless I hear a baby name. Oh well, it is your baby and you are free to do as you wish (*fingers crossed you tell me*).

Lisa said...

So sorry that Vasa Previa is rearing it's ugly head yet again, in a different way for you. Caleb is our last, so I won't ever know what it is like to fear VP again. I will pray you have peace, and that the US goes wonderfully! I hope for the Muffin's sake, it is a girl!! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails