The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snow Day

We had a "Snow Day" today with about 6 inches of snow falling last night and most of the day today. This much snow is a rare thing in our part of central North Carolina. Big Daddy had the day off work and we too The Muffin out around 8:30 this morning. She was very grumpy today and seems to be getting some sort of respiratory-thing, so our time outside was brief. I made hot cocoa for us after our excursion outside and then we played inside, colored pictures, hung out and had a family nap together on our bed. The nap was SO good! I'm planning on doing a "Wordless Wednesday" post tomorrow with a few of our "Snow Day" pictures. I'm too lazy to go downstairs to retrieve the camera right now!

We tried to avoid the television as much as possible today. We watched a little news and weather this morning and quickly turned it off when they started covering the inauguration. I'm usually a sucker for pomp and circumstance, but I'm getting tired of hearing about the inauguration of the first black/African-American president, who happens to actually be of mixed race (???). The only reason I'm really tired of it is because we keep being reminded that it shouldn't be about race, but it keeps being mentioned. I watched about 15 minutes of coverage leading up to the actual swearing in and transfer of power before my sweet Muffin needed help with crayons.

Overall, we had a nice day that I'm sure I'll remember for a long time. I'll probably forget that our "big" snow was on inauguration day, but I'll never forget The Muffin being upset that the snow was covering our pansies and her Cozy Coupe car!

2 comments:

Tara said...

The whole AA/black President thing is really old and I thought about him being bi-racial today. Dwight has been watching it since 7:30am minus the two hours he watched the NCSU/Duke basketball game.

Joy said...

I'm glad someone was brave enough to say something. It honestly shouldn't be about race but that's all it is about right now. No one cares about the issues at hand or how they'll be handled or how it'll change the Constitution that our forefathers had put into place based on Scripture.

Sorry for the vent! LOL! Just glad I'm not the only one wondering what the heck is going on.

Related Posts with Thumbnails