The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Such A Busy Weekend

We have been so terribly busy this weekend! It all started on Thursday, but I really don't want to go into that.
We'll start with Friday. Muff and I went to the grocery store, came home, had lunch, played and took a nap. When Big Daddy came home from the gym on Friday, The Muffin and I were just waking up from our nap...at 4:00. We decided to go t Cary to shop for a new laptop for his new computer class that starts next week. We went to the mall first and headed straight to the Food Court...after a ride on the escalators! Muff had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich from home (her favorite) waffle fries and lemonade from you now where. Big Daddy and I had Chinese food. It was so good. After that we spent over 2 hours at B.est Buy looking at computers. We had great computer guy, Brian, who was wonderful. The Muffin ate 6 Dum Dum suckers while Big Daddy and Brian talked about school and stuff. Brian graduated (criminal justice) from UNCW and had Mike Adams as a professor. They talked about the NCSU lecture that we attended when I was pregnant with Muff (that's when I fell in love with Dr. Adams) Second Amendment rights and then of course, collecting firearms. Brian's now attending NCSU and planning to go to vet school. Between Dr. Adams and NCSU and computers and the whole going back to school in their 30's thing the guys had LOTS to talk about. That explains the 6 Dum Dums. Anyway...we picked out the laptop and left it there so that the G.eek Squad could do the set-up. It was getting late and I was so tired. We left today around 1:00 to pick it up and get new jeans for Big Daddy. He also insisted that we go to T.arget and back to the mall to M.otherhood to look for me a new shirt...to wear to my ultrasound on Thursday. We found one and then headed to M.imi's Cafe for dinner. It was yummy. After that Big Daddy took me to S.tarbuck's so that I could finally have a S.alty Ca.ramel Hot Chocolate. It was worth every penny of the $3.50. I loved it and could actually see it being a permanent replacement for my Tall Non-fat Decaf Cafe Mocha with no whipped cream...if only it wasn't seasonal. Now my belly's full, my girl's asleep, my sweetheart is playing with his new toy and I'm going to take a nice, hot shower and go to bed.
Tomorrow, the only thing I plan to do is go to church, cook fajitas for lunch and then take a nap. And I'm so excited about it.

3 comments:

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Did you know that I work part time Starbucks because I LOVE coffee! The salted caramel hot chocolate is even better with espresso in it... Sounds like a fabulous mall run!

Lisa said...

What laptop did big daddy get? Yum starbucks!

Joy said...

I LOVE M.imi's C.afe!!!!!! Their French Onion Soup is *the* best. I also love one of their cheeseburgers (forgot the name). *DROOOOOOOOL*

Okay, my honey needs to take me on a date there and asap!

Related Posts with Thumbnails