The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Thursday, January 29, 2009

One of THOSE Weeks

My bad week started on Saturday. Things were great when we first woke up, but then Big Daddy lingered too long before he left for the gym and that just irritates me. Then, he was later coming home than what he said he would be and he didn't answer his phone when I called to request an important item (it was Sweet Tea, if you're wondering). I guess all of that combined with The Muffin's 45 temper-tantrum set me off and I was in a rotten mood for the rest of the day. She hadn't had any tantrums this bad since I read this book and began to understand her a little more. (Before then, I was tempted to drop her off at the preacher's office one morning so that he could pray with her all day.) She's had tantrums several times this week and between that and our persistent cough and stuffy noses I have felt really bad. Big Daddy hasn't been very helpful and he came home an hour and a half later than he'd said he would on Tuesday night. I called both of his cell phones and they rang and then went to voice mail so I knew that he had them on and didn't hear them. That really makes me mad. The whole time I was pretty sure that I knew where he was, but he'd only said he was going to the library, so there was no way that he'd be at his friend's house talking about guns, fighting and the stock market. No. Way. Then he calls to tell me that he's on his way home from his friend's house. I gave him a long lecture about everything he does wrong and he just looked at me with that you're-pregnant-it-must-be-the hormones-look. Do you know how much I hate that look??
As long as I'm sharing that story, I should share the one about what happened with The Muffin Wednesday morning, but I just can't do it.

That being said, I think I have a new question to ask myself instead of chanting my mantra of "I'm doing the best I can".
“If something happens and I don’t blog about it…did it really happen at all?”~ Pioneer Woman

1 comment:

Christina said...

Oh My Goodness, don't you just hate when you know the daddies have their cell phones on and it rings and rings and then goes to voice mail! That just makes me wanna throw a tantrum! I guess I have been lucky, my little boys have never really thrown tantrums!

Related Posts with Thumbnails