The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Friday, January 30, 2009

Thankful

I complained about lots of stuff yesterday. I didn't even come close to using all of my material for a post on complaining. I could list even more things this early in the day. What I forgot to mention was all of the good things from the past week.

-As I said yesterday, my bad week started on Saturday, but Sunday was a very nice day. We started out at church and the associate pastor started out with this video. It's an atheist that you may recognize talking about witnessing to others. The sermon was about attitudes. The people in our Sunday school class that attend the early service also discussed the video. We talked even more about how because we are Christians our attuitudes are observed more by others.
-Monday, The Muffin and I had a great trip to get groceries. She was polite and sweet and truly a joy to go shopping with. This is usually the case, but after the bad display of temper tantrums on Saturday and Sunday it was a much needed blessing.
-Tuesday, The Muffin was very grumpy. When she started waking up from her nap I put her on my bed and we cuddled. She looked me in the eyes, put both hands on my face and said, "You're my best friend." It warmed my heart and made me feel so special!
-Our Baby-to-be has been kicking and squirming around all the time. Each time it happens, I feel so blessed to have a little baby growing in my tummy...and a little freaky too. Muff's baby kicks all the time to, so we take turns feeling of each other's bellies.
-Today Pete posted a great quote that's one of his favorites. I always look forward to reading his blog, but this has to be one of my favorite posts and now, it's a blessing that I'm adding to my list.

I'm going to try to have a better attitude today and all the days in the future. I'm also planning to take The Muffin out for a "Girl's Day" tomorrow. After our rough week, we need to repair our relationship. I'm sure a trip to T.arget, P.et Smart and our favorite chicken sandwich place will do the trick...and a Sweet Tea and a treat from S.tarbucks couldn't hurt either!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Isn't it great that just when we've had a terrible day/s, we seem to have good days close behind?

Christina said...

Don't be too hard on yourself for complaining. We all do it! Being a mommy is a very hard job and we are entitled to vent once ina while.

Related Posts with Thumbnails