The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Baby's Got A New Room

***NOW WITH A PICTURE!! I'm so tired and forgot to add it before!***

Well, this is the big reveal. Or maybe it's the little reveal. Don't expect much.
Baby Ellie's room doesn't have much in the way of decorations. She has a framed name and a letter "E" just like one of The Muffin's M's.
I'll try to get a better picture sometime later, but I'm having a busy day and life doesn't revolve around stuff like this.

Lots of people are wondering why I'm going to the trouble of preparing a nursery when our house is on the market and we're (eventually) planning to move. Remember me?? I'm a former real estate broker and I know that decorated rooms help a house to show better than rooms that are bare of even worse, filled with junk. We have no idea how long it will take our house to sell, but this baby is coming in June and she'll need a place to sleep. Plus, I need to nest.
The color is neutral, it's Valspar's "Light Raffia" and I Love It. The bedding is "Elise" by Bananafish. I found it under "boy", "girl" and "gender neutral" and decided on it after my mom and sister approved it for either sex...then they surprised me by buying it for us. I did NOT want a baby-ish nursery and I'm all about anything in the brown family or anything damask. After an entire Saturday of shopping on-line for bedding, I realized everything that I picked was some shade of brown or tan and most had a damask print or involved this light teal color. Big Daddy and I decided this was our favorite. The curtains were already in the room, a hand-me-down from my sister. The chest of drawers are also "used". They belonged to my Grandma, then my sister (for Callie's room) and then I inherited them and used them in The Muffin's room for a while and now, they're in Baby Ellie's room. I'd love to have all new stuff, but there's something nice about knowing that your furniture has a story, much like the headboard that my Daddy made for our bed.
Now, the room is somewhat complete and hopefully, the house will sell and my nesting in the nursery will have been in vain. That's what I'm praying for anyway.

3 comments:

Tara said...

What? No pictures??

Joy@WDDCH said...

Yay for nesting AND using it to help sell the house! Seriously a brilliant plan, Momma.

The room is beautiful and I do love the bedding! I haven't decided on colors yet (will when we know gender).

Lisa said...

Looks awesome, now you just need the baby! Is the crib new, or was that Maggie's? I think there is something special about cribs...My daughter used the crib I had for my son, with a fresh coat of paint! We gave it to my sister after that, not anticipating any other need for it! It was white. Caleb's crib is the color of yours, which I love. I shopped and shopped for his "night night" (what he has nicknamed it!), knowing in my heart that after his first bed being a nicu bassinet/incubator, he needed something special! It will eventuallly turn into a toddler bed, and then one side of it will be the headboard to his bed when he is "big". Great job. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails