The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Thursday, March 19, 2009

It's All Coming Together...Hopefully

I had a big day today!
The Muffin was grumpy, but we went to get a few groceries and that seemed to cheer her up. She spent lots of time outside today and that probably helped too.
I went to my doctor's appointment and saw an actual doctor (a rarity for me) in stead of a midwife.
I found out that one of my best mommy-friends, April, is pregnant.
I started painting the baby's room.
AND
I received my big bumgenius diaper order.

My doctor's visit was overall, nothing special. I didn't have to wait too long, but my visit with the doctor was so much shorter than my usual midwife visit. I have nothing against the OB's in my practice, but they just don't take as much time with their appointments as the midwives, with one doctor as the exception. I had to see the OB to get my final okay for a VBAC. He said we would try "if that's what I wanted". (I immediately saw why midwives have a higher success rates with VBAC's than OB's if this is the way they all act!) He did give me a bit of news that makes me feel so much better; I get to have another ultrasound at 36 weeks! If the cord insertion and placement and the placenta look okay, I'll get their "blessing" for a VBAC. I guess I may also get another look at the private area of this little baby and be able to feel more confident that it is in fact an Ellie and not an Eli!
Please keep my sweet friend April in your prayers. She has a litle boy the same age as Muff and she has been trying for a while to have another baby. She and her husband had five devastating miscarriages before successfully delivering their son.
As for my painting project, so far, so good. I have the trim stuff painted, so I'll be "rolling" tomorrow evening. I'll try to touch up the molding and doors while Big Daddy is between jobs. The color is "Light Raffia" , but I just want to call it biscotti. I really like it. Of course, it's on the same paint chip as the living room and just a shade off from our kitchen, foyer and hallways. I'm a chicken with paint colors except for The Muffin's room and the downstairs powder room. It's the real estate agent in me that likes things to stay neutral. With any luck. I'll be doing a picture post on Saturday and finally reveal the bedding. Don't hold your breath, it's not that exciting.
And last but not least, please pray for us and our house. I'm doing better than I thought I would, but Big Daddy is having a hard time with the thoughts of us being apart until the houses sells. I'd greatly appreciate your prayers that our house shows, gets an offer and closes soon. We really want to move on with our lives and start an exciting new chapter.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Well I will def. pray for a quick sell and a successful VBAC. I was actually surprised to read that you were going to paint and prepare the baby's nursery. I assumed you would wait until you were able to move. When does Big Daddy start his new job? Can't wait to see the room and bedding!

Joy@WDDCH said...

I wish I could do cloth diaps sometimes- but alas I was scammed out of almost $400 by a diaper seller and couldn't get my money back via my bank. She was reputable up until the week I bought my stuff- then she scammed me and a few International buyers too. UGH! So D refuses to let me spend that much money again, especially on cloth diaps.

But I'm glad you got your diaps! They're so cute!!! Can't wait to see bedroom pics.

Q, La, and Gooner said...

We had our appointment and Gooner is DEFINITELY a girl. Ultrasounds are so great! I loved loved loved seeing her again. I to get another one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails