The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Making Plans

Thank the Lord, I've felt so much better today! Other than a little sciatica pain every time I get up from the sitting position, I've been nearly pain free.
We enjoyed a great Sunday at church and then we came home to eat lunch and rest. Well, I couldn't exactly rest because I had so much going through my mind. Big Daddy decided to go to the gym while The Muffin was asleep and I started shopping for diapers. Since we are planning to primarily use cloth diapers, I thought that it may be a good idea to make a purchase. I chose these, and I hope they are as good as a few very reliable sources have told me they are. I used this diaper on The Muffin when she still wore one at night. I plan to use disposables for the first few weeks (at least) until I get he hang of having two children. After that, we'll keep some on hand in case I forget to wash diapers...using this detergent that I've heard is fabulous from a cloth-diapering mama here in town.
Big Daddy has been planning our little beach trip that's coming up. It will be our last trip as a family of three! I'd hoped for a little "babymoon", but I'm not sure it will happen or if I'll even be up for it. Big Daddy has promised that he will not make me do too much this trip and I hope not to feel as bad as I did yesterday. The aches and pains are not always worth all of the fun!
We are also planning The Muffin's birthday party (Wizard of Oz, of course). I'd hoped to do a "friends" party, but I'm not sure I'll feel like that either. I think she would enjoy it just as much if we just have family over to our house. We don't have lots of visitors, so when anyone comes she thinks it's a great treat. We might make a special snack for her Sunday school class or her Kindermusik friends, but we'll just have to wait and see. All she has asked for is cake and balloons, but Big Daddy and I already have a couple of gifts that she'll love.
I've also spent lots of time thinking about my next doctor's appointment with Dr. Pleasant. It's this Thursday...only two weeks since my last appointment. This will be the first time I've had an appointment with a doctor since I was expecting The Muffin. My midwives wanted me to see one of the Ob's to discuss my VBAC plans and the whole Vasa Previa-thing. I think they all realize that I'm completely educated on everything VP, (probably more than them!) but they want to go over it all and get a final okay for a VBAC. I could never say enough how great my c-section recovery was, but I never wanted a c-section. It was completely a necessary medical intervention and it's the only reason that I have my Muffin today. I can only hope that things will go the way we plan this time, but another c-section would be okay as long as we get our baby. Big Daddy and I do not want to miss the birth of our baby this time!
I also purchased another sling this week! Actually, I won the auction on ebay. It's not exactly the fabric I would have chose, but the price was fantastic. I'll add it to the New Native pouch sling and the front carrier that we have left over from The Muffin. I think I'll have to wear this baby so that I can keep track of Muff, too.

1 comment:

Joy@WDDCH said...

I had sciatic pain BAD with my youngest. A nurse told me that moms in their 2nd pregnancies usually have it really bad. Isn't that weird?!

Anyway, we've got Bumble Bee's birthday this Saturday! I got her a Ro.se Pe.tal Cot.tage but only because I got a giftcard, otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford something like that. I think she (and big sister) are going to love it! It's her only gift from us.

Related Posts with Thumbnails