The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Saturday

The day started out really nice. The Muffin woke up at 6:55 and I carried her to our bed. It was a little after 8:00 when we woke up again. Big Daddy and I slept nine whole hours. I don't even remember the last time that happened. Unfortunately, I skipped my B.enadryl before bed and woke up with a sore throat and a runny nose.
We did our usual Saturday -thing. I took Muff downstairs and started filling her breakfast order. "A hot cocoa tea party with chocolate chip pancakes." I started the cocoa and pancakes and when I reached for the "tea for one" set one of our champagne flutes (used for Cheerwine at our wedding because we don't drink) fell and broke. Of course, the crystal seemed to fly everywhere. I yelled for Big Daddy to come downstairs. He swept the floor while I finished my number one customer's order. We discussed what we wanted to do for the day and Big Daddy took Muff upstairs. I swept again and mopped the kitchen.
Big Daddy left for the gym and Muff and I started our day; laundry, making beds, getting dressed, brushing our teeth. She had a breakdown over wanting to watch Loonette, so we settled in front of the computer to watch "The Big Comfy Couch" on YouTube. Thank You internet.
Big Daddy returned, showered and we had lunch. My friend and Realtor, Linda and her husband came by to put up the big gold post sign (I used to work for the black and gold company, hint, hint) and came in to chat for a bit. After they left, we got ready for a fun outing to the mall in a nearby city. I didn't feel like walking across the kitchen, much less a mall, but I decided to try and make the trip without complaining. The Muffin rode the carousel with her Daddy, we had ice cream and a pretzel and just walked around. Muff also rode the escalators about a hundred times.
Every part of my body hurt which is a new pregnancy-thing for me. My throat hurt until after lunch, I had sciatica pain, my shoulders were aching and I was ill and hateful to Big Daddy the entire time. Every complaint I had was followed up with a "me too" from Big Daddy, which nearly drove me crazy. It was the first time that I wanted to pull out the "I'm pregnant" excuse.
Then something happened that changed me.
I was still in pain, but my attitude towards Big Daddy changed.
The mall was crowded, but through the crowd I spotted a familiar face. It took me a couple of seconds to realize who it was. It's been around 12 or13 years since I last saw him (I think) and it took a minute for his face to register. His face and body looked exactly the same. He didn't look like he'd gained or lost an ounce. His face didn't look any older. He wasn't wearing a hat and his hair was maybe a little thinner. Other than that he was the same. I didn't see if he was wearing cowboy boots or tennis shoes. I only saw him for a few seconds and I know that Big Daddy saw him too. Neither of us will bring this up. Ever.
It only took a few seconds to turn my complete mood around. I was reminded that I'm totally in love and I'm happily married to my Mr. Right. That things happen for a reason. That some of my prayers were answered and some were not. That I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be.
I gave Big Daddy a hug and a kiss and told him that I was sorry for being grumpy and that I loved him so much. Even though I didn't feel well for the rest of the evening I knew that everything was the way it should be.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Isn't it amazing how sometimes God gives us a little nudge to remind us that He is in control of our lives, even though everything doesn't always turn out the way we think it should!! Hope you feel better soon and the aches and pains aren't going to be a constant in this pregnancy. I can sympathize with you completely. My last pregnancy was terrible. I was in so much pain almost from day 1 until the end!

Related Posts with Thumbnails