The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My Strong-Willed Child

My strong-willed child is trying to drive me crazy today.
We went outside to work and play in the yard around 9:30. Everything was fine until we went for a walk around 11:15. I had finished putting out 8 bales of pine straw and decided to reward The Muffin by letting her ride one of her toys on our walk. When it was time to go home (because my pregnant body was about to die) she refused to ride back towards our house. I counted to three and infrmed her that I would carry her and her bike back to the house if she didn't cooperate. I only had to take a few steps (Thank You, Sweet Jesus) with her under one arm and the bike under the other before she decided that she would ride the bike back to our house. When I put her back on her bike she asked for me to pray for her. I did and I think it helped for a little bit. She only fell apart about 10 times in between lunch and just now when I declared it was naptime.
I'm sure she is jealous because Big Daddy and I have been so distracted with all of the moving issues and then add those 48-parent-free hours with Nana & Pawpaw. She's out of her routine AND the time had to change on us, too. She's talking back and being very sassy and it's all getting the best of me.
I think I'll pull out my only parenting book ( The New Strong Willed Child) and do a little reading later. I don't apply or agree with all of Dr. Dobson's teachings and ideas, but several of the things that I've applied from the book helped tremendously when we first began the terrible two's. I would have happily shouted "I Love You" if I'd seen him out and about.

Wish me luck...and pray for peace in our household.

3 comments:

Anne Elizabeth said...

I stopped by your blog from my SIL's because I saw your post title! I too have a strong-willed child. She will be four in May and we are expecting our third in April. My son turned two in December and while I wouldn't label him strong willed, he has definitely been exerting his will lately. It has been beyond hard at times with my daughter though.

Christina said...

ok...moving issues? Did I miss something?

Joy said...

Not really aware of Dr. Dobson's techniques but whatever works, works!!! I once read that when you read any book you should, "Eat the hay but spit out the sticks." Basically, devour the great points but throw out the stuff you don't agree with. So that's what I always think of when I hear people say that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails