The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Thursday, April 2, 2009

...And Still No Shoes

Well, the day "off" went well. By 8:30 this morning, I had scrubbed both showers with Muff's "help". We were all three dressed and out the door a little after 9:30. Big Daddy and The Muffin went one way and I went another. I spent a little time at Wally Word...alone. I had a few staples on my list like chocolate chip pancake mix and chocolate milk mix. Other than that, I wandered around lost and alone. I was back "on duty" at 1:00 for Muff's nap time and the rest of the day went as usual.
I arrived at my doctor's office a little early and sat in the car and listened to the radio. I went in around 11:00 and was called back for my urine and blood samples around 12:00, then it was on to the second waiting room. I was placed in an exam room around 12:30 and was out he door by 1:00. Everyone apologized for the wait, but I managed to read two magazines and enjoy quality time alone. I really didn't mind waiting.
The midwife I was scheduled to see was at home sick, so I met with the nurse practitioner. She was very nice and I enjoyed meeting yet another wonderful lady at my OB/GYN practice. I've gained a total of 22 pounds, which is more than I had hoped for. I'm still way off from my weight gain with The Muffin. The nurse practitioner said that the baby did not seem overly big judging by the height of fundus, so I guess that's good. My iron level is high, so hopefully I will not have post partum anemia this time. Of course, my blood pressure was wonderful, just like always.
I made a quick stop in the store that was my last hope for shoes to match the prospective Easter dress. I left empty-handed. I had great shoes that would have worked, but they were donated to the local thrift shop that operates a shelter for abused women and children. Someone in town is probably planning to wear them as Spring arrives.
Tomorrow, I need to schedule The Muffin's three year check up. (I cannot believe that she'll soon be celebrating her third birthday.) I'm also going to register the Baby-to-be at the pediatrician's office and sign us up for the "Sibling Class" at the hospital. The Muffin is scheduled for her surgery (to remove ear tubes) in early May, so she should be familiar with the hospital...and the chicken sandwich and Sweet Tea restaurant that's there.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Sounds like you enjoyed your day...quiet time and all. Sorry about the shoes but you are right, somebody hopefully is enjoying your old shoes...somebody that really needs them.

Carolina Mama said...

Glad your pregnancy is going so well. It will be here before you know it. :)

Joy@WDDCH said...

Ooh, I plan to hopefully take the girls to a Sibling Class, too! Let us know how it goes for you guys!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails