The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Friday, April 3, 2009

A Happy Friday

It's A Happy Friday Because...

-It's Auntie Lisa's birthday. The Muffin made her a "card" and we just emailed a picture of it to her. Auntie Lisa is a blog designer extraordinaire and also the one who started my blog.
She's also quite the birth attendant. She has attended the birth of three of her grand niece/nephews and is welcome to attend Baby E's birth if Auntie Charles can't make it because of work. She also births kittens and puppies and took me to see "E.T." back in the day. I could go on, but I won't.
-I made the most delightful french toast for myself this morning...just because I wanted to eat butter-flavored syrup on something...anything really.
-Tomorrow is the children's Easter celebration at church. The Muffin is excited about looking for Easter eggs and I'm hoping to talk to the Associate Pastor for Families about how to explain Heaven & Hell to Muff...since she asked and all.
-We are starting a new study in our Sunday school class and Big Daddy asked me to order the book for him. He started reading it last night (as soon as it arrived) and I'm going to make him give me the "Cliff's Notes" version of it, because I'll never get it read.
-We are on official countdown to the egg hunt at library Storytime on Wednesday.
-I'm excited because I've decided NOT to do the whole Easter Bunny-thing. I may have touched on this before. I was thinking of doing Sunny, Funny or Hunny Bunny in stead and then I read Joy's blog and saw that she does "Funny Bunny". I decided to do "Sunny Bunny Day" for our celebration of Spring. Easter will be about the cross and "Sunny Bunny' will be about silly treats. And just so you know, I don't like the Santa Claus-thing either, but it sort of started and got out of hand before I could help it. I just find the Easter Bunny idea to be even more crazy than a big man in a red suit with flying reindeer.

2 comments:

Joy@WDDCH said...

Yay for Sunny Bunny Day! I like separating the two events but letting my daughters participate. We never did get into the Santa thing (my family did it when I was growing up; but DH's family didn't).

I just put the girls baskets together tonight and we put candy in the eggs the other night. I'm so excited! This is the first time we're doing our own egg hunt. While putting candy in the eggs, Daniel asks me, "Are we inviting more kids to this thing?" I guess he thought I bought a lot! LOL! I probably did in my excitement.

Joy@WDDCH said...

And thank you for your comment on my recent blog post! I definitely do look pregnant (not fat) for which I am grateful; even if I do look 5 months instead of 3!!! LOL! It will definitely even itself out; it did with my youngest.

Related Posts with Thumbnails