The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Monday, April 27, 2009

The Baby Belly- Week 34

Our Baby-to-be is around 5 pounds now and approximately 18 inches long! I'm too lazy to take a real belly picture, so here's a shot from yesterday's party.
After three days of birthday preparation and celebration and time spent on my feet, they are swollen and I officially have no ankles or "cankles" as Big Daddy likes to say. I had two men at church ask me when my due date was. Men don't normally ask this, so I'm thinking that I have the "ready to pop" look or they noticed the way that I walk and my lovely "cankles". Either way, I understand why women say that they are ready to have their babies. I want Baby E to bake for the full 40 weeks, but I understand why expectant mommies say they are ready.
I had the oppurtunity to talk with the wife of our Associate Pastor for Families after our Sunday school class yesterday. I needed some advice on how to discusss omething with The Muffin. She had been praying over a dead caterpillar for a while and when she realized it was gone (the rain washed it away) she assumed that Jesus had raised it from the dead. I think her exact words were "it is risen, it is risen, the stone just rooolllllllled away"...or something like that. Since baking the resurrection biscuits she loves the Easter story. You should hear her version using a piece of turkey as the tomb and a slice of cheese as Jesus. Needless to say, she's brilliant and fascinating!
Anyway...after church yesterday we had lunch and then I prepped for the party. After everyone left, I loaded the dishwasher, washed a sink full of party dishes, swept, mopped, and vacuumed so that I wouldn't have so much to do today (as a single again parent). Then, we headed over to Big Daddy's friends' house for...male bonding, I guess. The Muffin played with her friend and I held the sweetest baby and chatted with the other mommy. Big Daddy and his friend went outside and played with guns. A good time was had by all, but we didn't leave until 8:30. We came home, tag-teamed The Muffin's bath and then I put her to bed. Big Daddy loaded the car for his week away and I tried to put my megaginormous feet up to reduce the swelling...and folded a load of laundry.

The Muffin has several new outfits and shoes, but she quickly picked out a dress for Kindermusik today with no drama. A picture and another post will follow later today.

1 comment:

Joy@WDDCH said...

6 weeks and counting! I understand about the "cankles" (we call them that, too!) and I keep checking out my appendages to see if any swelling has happened yet. Probably not but it's getting hot so keeping my eye out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails