The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Monday, April 27, 2009

Second Post of the Day

And this, is the three year old girl that I love. Notice how the flip flops are way too big?? That's the way she likes them. Oh, and they don't match?? She likes it that way, too. She actually has shoes that match this dress and they used to be her favorite flip flops because they are also too big and Callie gave them too her. With her birthday came new shoes and tons of new clothes. I have a feeling she'll soon pick a favorite article of clothing to replace the "hot pink pants"...stay tuned.Now, back to the post.
So, The Muffin had a fun and exciting party. I wasn't up for a big party with friends, so we had a little party with only family. It nearly did me in. Not that it was elaborate or anything, but I'm pregnant and tire easily. Her closet is full and I need to sort through all of her summer clothes from last year and decide what to keep and what to consign...the same thing for Baby Ellie (assuming that "it"is in fact a girl!). Both girls have an abundance of clothes, so I've decided to keep the nice, Sunday clothes and my favorites and consign the things that I don't absolutely love. Tough decisions to make!
Today, The Muffin and I went to Kindermusik and then went to the barber shop with the mommies and their boys. After that, we went out to lunch. The kids behaved well, but I'm pretty sure that the entire restaurant was happy when we left.
3 toddlers + 3 stay at home mommies that don't get out a lot = one rowdy table
I really needed time with my girlfriends and Maggie enjoyed going out with her boyfriends, too.
This week is sort of the calm before the storm for me! Next Monday The Muffin has a doctor's appointment at 1:30, followed by my (now weekly!!!) midwife appointment at 2:30. She usually naps from 1-3:00, so this should be interesting. On Tuesday we'll be going to our local hospital for her pre-op work and then she'll be having surgery on Thursday to remove the bilateral ventilation tubes in her ears. And did I mention that I'm a single mom during the week??? Big Daddy has offered to take time off work, but I'm going to try and do either Monday or Thursday on my own. My mommy-friend, April, has offered to help me on surgery day. She's pregnant with an almost three year old of her own, so we would probably just end up crouched together in a corner crying! Seriously. I'm praying that we'll go to the ENT on Monday and the tubes will have miraculously fallen out! The surgery to remove them is just as minor as inserting them was, but my baby is almost two years older and she's NOT going to like this whole experience at all. Having her taken away by doctors and nurses is not going to be easy on either of us. I'm hormonal and cry easily and she's...a drama queen.
The weeks from now until Baby E makes her (or his) appearance seem to be a blur of doctor and midwife appointments. That being said, I'm not going to be around much. I'm going to try and take a little more time for myself: put my feet up (Big Daddy's orders), nest and maybe pack up a few things for moving in the future. Big Daddy and I also have some decisions to make regarding our current living situation. I'm praying that our house will sell soon to make all of our decisions a little easier.
So, please say a prayer for The Muffin's surgery next Thursday. And then that I make it through all of these appointments without losing my mind or overdoing it. And pray that Big Daddy and I make decisions that are going to be best for us and our little, growing family. And pray that our houses sells soon.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

praying praying. :) you sure do have a lot going on! Breathe deep, smile as much as possible! Hugs...

Joy@WDDCH said...

Wow, that's a lot to do this week and praying for the energy to do it all!

Related Posts with Thumbnails