The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

This is what a good day looks like...

The Muffin with her frog mask from Storytime. You can't really see that it has red lipstick and hot pink "finger" nail polish.

So, after all of my worries being put down on paper (so to speak) this morning things seem better.
Miss Muffinhead has had a pretty good day minus a very tiny upset about hot pink pants this morning. Her favorite pair were dirty and then her alternate pair got wet, so she had to wear jeans. I was relieved because hot pink pants do not match a white shirt with blue, purple and green butterflies on it. I was willing to let her outfit of choice so that I wouldn't have to deal with any tantrums before Storytime. After the library, we headed to Wally World to pick up a few necessities and I bought her a hot pink jacket and pant set on clearance. I bought a size too big so that she'll be able to wear it his fall. I have a feeling she's going to insist on hot pink clothes for a while. Yesterday she picked out her favorite hot pink pants and a hot pink t-shirt. The shirt is just a shade different, so it clashes, but she was tickled with her ensemble. She paired that outfit with blue and green flip flops and her big, puffy white coat with fur around the hood. It was lovely! I don't mind letting her express herself through her clothes, but I try to influence her choices so that they match and I draw the line at church clothes. And if you wonder why I said "hot pink pants" every single time it's because that is what they're called around here: hot pink pants.

And, thanks for your sweet words of encouragement!!

2 comments:

Tara said...

I am fond of hot pink too and hope one day I'll be able to let Andrew express himself through his clothes but I'm not sure that I will. Good for you. That's one less power struggle.

Joy@WDDCH said...

Awwww, I love it! My oldest likes to put together... interesting outfits as well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails