The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Lazy and Lonely

I'm really far from lazy, but I long to be lazy. I swear I've gone up and down the stairs a thousand times today. My back is hurting, my feet want to be rubbed and Baby E is kicking like crazy...that's the best part of right now. As for the lonely part...I'm just feeling lonely.

The Muffin started out extremely grumpy. I asked if she was tired from the 4+ times (from 11:56 pm to 3.40am) that she woke up during the night. In the most aggravated voice she said, "I didn't wake you up, you woke me up!". We continued to bicker back and forth and down the stairs into the kitchen for at least ten minutes before her mood changed. I decided that we should go out for the morning. We went to Wally World and had a delightful shopping experience. We came home had lunch, play time and Muff took a nap. When she woke up we headed to the grocery store for a couple of things that we forgot yesterday. The rest of the evening was pretty pleasant and uneventful other than watching the C.harlie B.rown Easter special.

We'll be going to visit Big Daddy (and my family) tomorrow. We are leaving after our Storytime Egg Hunt. I realized this morning just how many funny things that The Muffin does during the day. I normally tell Big Daddy about them over dinner, but when he's not here, I just forget about them. I sat down during Muff's nap and sent him an email with a few of her cutest moments and a little update as to what was going on around here.
Here's a little excerpt:

-You know how my belly pokes out from below my shirt and above my pj pants? Muffin was in the middle of telling me something and said, "Oh! Your belly is sticking out. It's getting so big.". She adjusted my shirt and then it slid back up and she said "Oh, no." in an aggravated voice. We've started calling my belly "The Ellie Belly".

-She had a big temper tantrum over what jacket to wear this morning. After I finally had her all fixed and put her in the car I asked what was making her cry. In her most pitiful voice said, "I just miss my Daddy". I'm sure she was just saying it so that I'd feel sorry for her...which I did.

-She saw the Disney Princess Spaghetti O's at Wal-Mart and asked for some. When we were eating them at lunch she said they were really tasty and tasted like princesses.

-I swear our yard looks greener after yesterday's rain. They mowed Mary's yard today and it looks thick, lush and not like it was full of weeds at all.

-Cinnamon toast may be the new chocolate chip pancake. How exciting is that !?!


And right now you're thinking, "That girl has some kind of excitng life!".

1 comment:

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Ha Ha, that is awesome! Princesses! I would think she would need a change of breakfast at some point!

Related Posts with Thumbnails