The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Our Saturday

Getting ready to go to the children's Easter celebration at church.

The Muffin and Big Daddy making a "Resurrection Biscuit"...yummy!
An action shot of me and The Muffin looking for Easter eggs. It's a bad picture, but we're hardly ever photographed together because I'm the family photographer...and a giant cow.

Muff was so happy to find each one of her eggs!
Muff loved playing on the church playground!

I didn't take pictures of the finished "Resurrection Biscuits" because Big Daddy and I devoured it while Muff was eating baby cupcakes and iced cookies. She enjoyed eating under the huge stained glass windows in the fellowship hall. I also left out the pictures of the adult egg toss. Big Daddy reluctantly played along and came away without any egg on him. His partner, was not so lucky.
The Muffin knows that Jesus died on the cross and knows that he "came back" but that's really about as far as we've gotten. She finds crosses everywhere that we go and says, "That's like the cross where Jesus died". I hope that she'll understand what Easter is really about and not get into this crazy bunny stuff.
For dinner, we were invited to eat at a neighbor's house. That means I got out of cooking tonight and we can use tomorrow as our "eat out day". With Big Daddy being with my Mom & Dad most of the week, I'll feel like it's necessary to fix him home-cooked meals all weekend. I'm sure he'll think her cooking is better, but he'll still think my hamburgers are #1!

3 comments:

Tara said...

You dont look like a cow...just pregnant! Looks like a fun day! We have our neighborhood egg hunt next weekend.

Joy@WDDCH said...

How fun! Our church doesn't do stuff like that (my kids are the only ones young enough to participate; it's a small church!) but it looks like so much fun!

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Ok, you are SO SO SO not giant cow. Um, I'm totally bigger! She's coming so soon. She's growing and kicking like CRAZY! Muff looks totally cute in that first pic!

Related Posts with Thumbnails