The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

What I Learned This Week

I'm participating in Jo-Lynne's "What I Learned This Week" carnival at Musings of A Housewife again this week.

-Even though The Muffin behaved well, there is a very good reason why she only gets professional portraits taken about once a year. I just can't handle it and we take plenty of pictures on a daily basis anyway.
-I get stressed out easily.
-Never, ever, ever go to the men's bathroom at a gun shop. The next time I can't hold it, I'll slip outside and pee behind the building.
-The Muffin would "really like" to have a pink rifle.
-Lunch at P.anera doesn't happen often enough.
-Little girls can hide Easter eggs forever.
-Allergies and pollen just don't mix.
-Funny things can be found under my car seats.
-I have very little clothing that currently fits right. My "Ellie Belly" just makes everything uncomfortable.
-I could totally live in my pajama pants.
-A great, comfortable bra is priceless.
-Absence makes the heart grow fonder...even when the presence of your spouse seems to get on your last nerve. I'm hopelessly devoted to Big Daddy.

10 comments:

Tara said...

I try to avoid public restrooms like the plague but I remember that being one of the few things I didn't like about being pregnant....being forced by nature to use it in public.

Amy Platon said...

Pink guns? wow learn something new every day. Great advice about the bathroom though. I do roll awards on my blog and I ranked the top 3 public restrooms in Orlando....do I have too much time on my hands? Anyhoo, have a great day.

jen@odbt said...

I know what you mean about the eggs. I wish I could keep them out - they keep my kids entertained for hours.

Musings of a Housewife said...

Yeah, I can relate to just about all of that. Except the pink gun, lol. Although if my daughter ever found herself in a gun shop, I bet she would say the same thing. ;-)

I get stressed easily too. I hate it, but I guess it's just my cross to bear.

Christina said...

I totally agree with everything you just said, especially about a great bra being priceless and the best ones I have found must be made from gold!

sara said...

Hehe! Peeing at a gun shop has left me laughing so hard I'm ready to pee myself, LOL! I have to giggle because we have a joint "call room" bathroom at work that the six call rooms for the OR use all together. Usually the trauma surgeon and physician assistant on call are males. They ALWAYS leave the toilet seat up and it grosses me out. Boys will be boys, huh?

Unknown said...

While pregnant I single handly carried out a survey of all public toilets within a 20 mile raduis of anywhere I visited!

Great list, and thanks for visiting my N Ireland blog.

Wendy said...

Pajama pants should be a staple in every pregnant woman's wardrobe! I'm not pregnant, but I wish I could get away with wearing them out and about. I hope that June comes quickly for you!

Alison said...

I've never been in a gun shop men's bathroom but I can imagine it's horrible. And pink guns are new to me (even though I live in Texas, I don't actually see people USING their guns. Especially little girls.)

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Was the soap at least better? For a pregger to pee in the woods... now THAT takes talent! I find squating hard enough as it is!

Related Posts with Thumbnails